Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

with out a scale

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by budboy97, Dec 3, 2011.

1. How can I tell how much bud I have without a scale. I broke mine today. Help please.

2. This is a pretty silly question.... you are obviously going to either have to buy a new scale, or use past experience to judge the best you can how much bud you have.

There is no magic answer....

3. buy a new scale today, that is the only way. You can make some crazy balance using string pencils, paper and dollar bills as 1g counterweights but really its just time to buy a new scale.

4. Almost impossible to tell. Ive gotten eighths that look like 2gs but I've also gotten eighths that look like quarters. I think that there is no way of telling without a scale

5. Well.....you can buy a new scale or guess.

6. Take it to the grocery store and weigh it in the produce section.

7. That...But it's risky.

An american dollar bill should weigh one gram, a dime should weigh 2.7 or something like that. You can build your own scale but it will be hard as shit and you'd be better off working at McDonalds for 3 hours and then take the 25 dollars you make to buy a decent scale.

I bought one for 9 dollars online and it works great. It's just a jewelry pocket scale.

8. That made my session just now. +rep sir.

OP hit up amazon $10 or less with shipping for an AWS blade. :smoke:

9. While this guy was probably joking, you actually could do this. Just go in beforehand and weigh the container, write it down, put the weed in, and reweigh it. Just make sure nobody can see or smell what's inside and you'd be okay.

10. ...what?
    "throws all my herb into the produce weights"
    Hm, in between 0 and 1 pound... Ill just be fair, cut it down the middle!
    Anyone wanna buy half a pack for 900$? *holds out a Q*

11. haha, my friend used scales that were in my chemistry class. They were like 80 dollar scales too, they were great.

12. Scales in my supermarket can do grams, ounces, pounds, and some other stuff based on what button you press.

13. There is not? Correct me if I am wrong people have been using counterweights for a decently long time :p

14. If he doesn't have a scale most counterweights won't be consistent/accurate enough to measure properly with.

15. Ever used a seasaw? Exact same thing.

Next thing you will say "How do you get it perfectly in the right spot?" Called anything that can measure.

16. Yeah, I know, but what I was saying was that since he can't weigh his counterweights, unless he actually has a properly weighted set (he obviously doesn't otherwise he'd be smart enough to use them), the measurement wouldn't be very accurate. And using items with a supposed set weight still isn't very accurate due to inconsistencies.

17. I was of course joking...for accuracy you'll need to go to the deli and have them weigh it.

18. lol wtf could you possibly expect to get from this thread???

19. Then it simply depends on the supermarket you go to; the only digital scales I've seen were @ a petstore @ the checkout stand. My grocery stores only have mechanical weights based on spring tension; only good for pounds.

@ op; why do you need to weigh the stuff? If your selling or giving/trading to friends, get a real scale asap.

@throwback you have no idea how tempted I've been to do the exact same thing. Scales in my chem classes go out to like 4 digits (some 9) with compensation for air/etc. haha