With earth as my canvas and bike as my brush

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by TheSuperApe, Dec 27, 2015.

1. I noticed thare wasn't a proper "bicycling" thread around the city.

Any one who wants to talk about anything mtn, road, BMX, or whatever biking you do; or bike maintaince, or trail pictures, this is the place!

This is my bike 2000 klein attitude comp. I won't get into the specs unless anyone is interested.

I'll be updating this with pictures of my trail outings, if anything this can be a self reference log.

Lookin forward too seeing how many of you blades ride the "modern horse".

Attached Files:

2. Riding the Longleaf Pine Greenway today. Just a nice 16 miles of singletrack through the flat coastal pine woods.

75F and sunny btw.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I know the feeling.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tried out this little 1999 canny today cause my other bike is feeling ill. Hadn't ridden In a week or two so it was brutal.

Attached Files:

5. Starting to really love this bike even though I bought it to sell it. Oh well

I'm a bit bummed with the lack of bikers in then city too

Attached Files:

6. Found this on the trail

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I ride these rad trails every year. I'm excited for spring.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dude that does look rad! Where up north are ya?

9. Oregon. These trails are called Post Canyon Trails, right in or next to Hood River. It's a crazy awesome system of trails with a fair amount of wooden structures and other playthings all in and around forested areas.

10. That's looks pretty fun, a lot different than the ancient dunes we have to ride on in NW FL. Don't get me wrong though there's still some gnarly lines down here too

11. #11 TheSuperApe, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016
    Nice day in the woods

Attached Files:

12. I'm about to purchase a trail bike used and just seeing if anybody knows anything about 3 year old 17" orbea bike, looks to be in great shape just waiting for the guy to email me back to go see it. He is asking $500. They seem to be great bike from reading online however I'm new to biking and never heard of them. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. A 17" wheel?

14. dope af

I want in
    â—†

15. Not sure. Not a very good description. It only said 17 sport. It's looks like a full size. He didn't email me back, it might of sold already.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. The illegal side of the lake is where most of the gnar is.

And finally got the canny up to par

Attached Files:

17. Finally goty my baby back up and running, now as an urban/dirt jump bike.

Attached Files:

18. #18 Reo, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
    ya I have a 2013 kona splice (18" frame 29" wheels). it pretty much is my everything bike. commuter, urban/mtn, street. used to do trail all the time but have moved since. so it's mostly urban mtn and bunny hoping over and off of stuff.
    -
    [​IMG]
    things I've changes on it over the couple years I have had it
    -Manitou marvel comp 120mm air fork.
    -lizard skin fork sock's
    - shimano rt-76 203mm rotor + 160 to 203mm adapter
    -shimano deore hollow cranks
    - black spire red anoded, sub 400 pedals
    - a set of black burn lights
    - and a thick coating of grime and salt

19. Thanks for creating this thread. I am an avid bike adventurer. I'll post pics later. I went on a wilderness ride in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains in Cali. this past weekend. Freekin beautiful!!

20. Glad to see some more bikers,

That's a sweet kona build @reod12x2. How is urban riding with a 29er? I really dig the tires too what are those?

Can't wait to see the pics @grasscoty!