With Bannon back in charge, Breitbart is crushing Trump for his Afghanistan speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by well highdrated, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Analysis | With Bannon back in charge, Breitbart is crushing Trump for his Afghanistan speech

Bannon has now flipped against trump. Not surprising I'd say... He's not going to do trump's bidding. He's looking out for himself, as one would expect.

-----
    “My original instinct was to pull out — and, historically, I like following my instincts,” he said. “But all my life I've heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office; in other words, when you're president of the United States.”

Breitbart isn't buying it. As Raheem Kassam put it, “this isn’t about changing his perspective on the war. … This was about the swamp getting to him.”

Everything is backward. Rubio — Trump's primary rival, whom Breitbart attacked mercilessly — is defending the president's evolution, using the same argument as the president himself. Meanwhile, the “commentators” Rubio is calling out include the writers at Breitbart, who are now slamming Trump.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I had a feeling Bannon was gonna have something to say. He is a confusing character. First he's kinda sorta with the alt right, then flat out denounces them, calls Breitbart a platform for them only to crawl back?

Is the whole White House cabinet this erratic? We've already seen Trump's crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. he didn't flip on anyone, he has been against this from the beginning. Thats part of the reason he resigned...the generals would listen to his ideas regarding afganistan. Most true conservatives didn't like it a whole lot either, rand paul for instance. Has he turned on trump now too?
    And also nothing that you shared highdrated show that he's against trump, it directly says "the swamp got to him" doesn't it?

4. At the end of the day Trump knows what's best for all of us not breitbart. I only follow breitbart to know which Fox news commentators are under a left wing attack anymore.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Google "breitbart turn on trump" and you'll get the other times the media has ran this story. Health care in March, Syria in April, Sessions in July, Afghanistan in August...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. This couldn't go in the Trump neocon thread?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Or the 80 other Trump threads before that one.

Nobody knows what's best for me but me. I do not trust the government to act in my best interest or the best interest of all of the citizens of this country. The interest of government is more power and that is only achieved through eroding our rights as individuals and financially raping us via taxes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah I was gonna say, they've been pretty consistent with their trump bashing when he does things they disagree with.
    This didn't just happen this week.

They would have trashed that speech with or without bannon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Many trump supporters said that once Bannon is gone, he is going to continue "going to war for trump"... Clearly that's not the case. If Breitbart bashed him before then it seems like it's not getting any better... and chances are it will get uglier with Bannon back in charge.

10. Seem you are making the natives restless tonight.

11. I know I said that, and I posted the article where bannon said it himself. It wasn't something made up. But anyone who has been paying attention knows that bannon was the big part of the nationalist movement behind trump. Closing borders, redoing trade deals, getting out of expensive wars, those were all from steve bannon. So no, its not a surprise to anyone who paid attention that bannon isn't excited about us continuing the war in afghanistan.