witch light should i use?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mtooner1, Dec 15, 2012.

1. #1 mtooner1, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
    Hello every one sorry for the stupid question but i am a new to all of this. I have 5 auto flowers that i will be going in my 5x5 grow tent. i germated the seeds untill i saw the little taproot and then i put them stright in the 3gl smart pots with ffof soil. i put the seeds in the soil 3 days ago and i havent seen any thing yet. i currently have them under a 5 bulb 24w t-5 but a also have a 1000w mh/hps dimmable ballast witch light should i be using? if its the 1000w should i dim it down half way or leve it on full power? Also how long do the seeds normaly take to break the soil? my room temp is 80 deg f steadyand 16%rh . Should i have grown the tap root out longer next time or just put it in the soil as soon as it breakes open and you seen the tap root like i did this time. Thanks guys all the help is appricated!

2. Give em time. As long as it is not too hot for the plants, they can almost never get enough artificial light. Seems like everything is okay, patience, you'll need even more when waiting for buds to mature :smoke:

3. do you normally plant them as soon as you see the tap root or do you grow the root out for a day or 2 before you plant it? i just put 6 more auto's in a zip lock bag with wet paper towls lol!!!! going to try and grow 11 in my tent

4. Hopefully you have the space!

I like to germinate them. You should plant as soon as you see the taproot. Planting directly in soil is perfectly fine. Take into account the time it takes for the seed to pop open while germinating added with the time it takes to break through the surface vs. all that while it's under the soil. It's right around the same time either way

5. Many people let the taproot get too long. Quarter-inch out is ready to plant.

Give them time to pop thru the soil. How deep did you plant them? The T-5 fixture is fine for now to get them going, save a few pennies until they are established.