Wispr...New Iolite...?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 420stonedpanda, Jul 28, 2011.

1. #1 420stonedpanda, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
  2. Never heard of it but that looks pretty ill its so discrete looking just a box with a stem bet you could get away with vapin just about anywhere

3. price tag is $270...i have the iolite regular portable vape and it's nice to have but with all the other pieces and vapes i own i barely ever spark it up unless i take it on a trip were i want to blaze in a hotel or in some bathroom haha.

portable is nice and that thing looks pretty sick...im sure the MFLB owners will hate on it but i think its cool...although for the price the mflb might be a better choice for those wallet conscious buyers

PUFFER

4. #4 Phizix, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
    I have heard that its not really that much of an upgrade, pretty much just a new case for the same technology. The price is really high because its not out yet and they know they can gouge on the preorders because those people will want them the most. The price will prob drop to $200 like the current model once demand goes down. There are minor upgrades though like a visible fuel tank and supposedly it gives better hits somehow.

I'm just not excited about having to mess w/ batteries for a MFLB. 3 hours per butane charge sounds waaaaay better than 1 battery per trench to me.

Supposedly they are now shipping so there should be reviews up in the next week or so.

This is the Wispr thread from FC http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=5337&p=1

5. For that much money I would buy an Extreme Q or something. If I was going portable, MFLB.

6. my iolite sucked assssssssss lol

7. It seems pricy, but as far as I know no one has them yet. I believe they officially went on sale...today..? it looks like.. in any event it was very recent. So no reviews because no reviewers yet. It may be magical, but I kinda doubt it will be as special as they want it to sound.

8. I see too many bad reviews for the iolites reliability. Everything has its bad reviews but there are tons for that product. Even when it works it looks like it gives weak airy hits.

This Wispr better be a huge improvement in quality and reliability to justify the price and I just don't really see that happening with essentially the same mechanism. The idea is so good and the implementation so far has been just...fail...

9. I wont hate it on until i try it, but with that hefty price tag i'd rather get a new MFLB AND a DBV hahah

10. Really, i've used one pretty extensively and absolutely loved it, bit of a learning curve with timing when to start hitting and stuff but yeah, always gets me stoned out of my mind, great taste and so stealthy and portable.

This thing seemed to fix the only problems in my opinion, eating up a lot of butane and getting really hot in your hands. But kinda got my hopes down a bit after a few of you saying it's not much of an upgrade, just the same tech, different box.

11. sorry for posting this in 2 threads, but it seemed relevant to both..

I've just released my hour-long in depth review podcast of the WISPR- definitely worth listening to for anyone considering getting it.

I like the vape- it's an improvement on the IOLITE in a few ways, and seems more sturdy and reliable than the IOLITE.

here's the link to the review:
    Dopefiend.co.uk : The Cannabis Podcast Network

I also did a youtube video review: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIL5nCXcvIU[/ame]

12. #12 420stonedpanda, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
    ^^^Thanks so much for that mate, just saw it came up on vapefiend.com so I might have to make a purchase soon!!

EDIT: Great review by the way! Got me pretty convinced. Not sure if you mentioned it, but does it still get really hot in your hands like the old one?

13. #13 dopefiend, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
    not quite as hot, no, but it does get warm.

Glad you like the review!