Wisdom teeth

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Elliot Plur, Nov 13, 2013.

1. I'm going in friday to get my wisdom teeth removed.
    and I know that I'm gonna have some gaping holes in the back of my mouth and that I wont be able to eat certain foods (all munchies included, pudding only for me)
    but, what I need to know is:
    Can I still toke?
    as in, will the smoke affect the wounds, or will anything bad happen as a result of smoking within ~24 hours of getting my wisdom teeth out?

2. #2 AlphaOmega420, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
    Yes you can get dry socket from smoking just from the suction needed to inhale, I never wanted to risk that because I heard it lasts for a long time and is very painful.

You could make edibles into pudding if you really wanted. but when I got all 4 removed a few years ago I wasn't even thinking about toking, they gave me some pills to zonk me out for a few days, I remember having to change my gauze alot from the blood but your body heals extremely fast.

Also I think the tar can cause bacterial infections too

3. don't smoke.  really.  just don't even risk it because dry socket sucks dick

4. getting high is not worth the pain of dry socket. make edibles if you need to but please dont smoke for 2-3 days at least. feel better!

5. I wouldn't risk it and I all honesty there is a good chance that you just won't feel like smoking. You could check some recipes and go about it that way. Good luck though with getting rid of those horribke things. I still have mine part coming through after 10 years!

6. It's important for you to understand WHY you are not to smoke the first 24 hours - it only takes a small baby "hit" to pull the plug on the blood clot protecting your gaping holes.  No blood clot - no protection.  No protection = the WORST PAIN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE.

The WORST !  Worse than having your balls plucked one by one with a dirty tweezer held by an angry girlfriend. 

So there ya go - smoke away if you want but smoke away KNOWING what you risk, that first 24 hours.  

Good luck !  :)

Kushie

7. I got them removed friday. and today's monday, would it be safe to toke up tonight?

8. I smoked the day I got mine removed

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

9. im one of the lucking few that has the right mouth to teeth size ratio so that there was enough space for my wisdom teeth to come in and i didnt have any need for them to be removed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I had mine out a few years ago, i didnt smoke for a week.

11. oh shit. I'm getting mine out soon and didn't even think of this. Thanks so much

12. i think i started smoking around day 3 or 4 until then just enjoy the percocets

13. I waited 64 hours before I started smoking. It's the sucking in that can hurt you, so try to inhale very very very gently and drink lots of water keep the wounded area moist. 

14. no, my girlfriend is a dental nurse.
    i had 2 teeth out and tried smoking and wondered why it wouldnt stop bleeding.

It thins the blood so just dont smoke full stop. surely you can last a couple of days no bud just knock back the ibruprofen and paracetamol. 

Ha - I'm going to assume you didn't wait for the response you wanted.  Also that you took it slow with the drag until you felt confident you wouldn't unplug your holes.  ;)  

And that you're happily back to normal toking by now ?  

Kushie

16. Definitely.. I smoked the day I got mine taken out. You'll be fine

17. #17 509Kush, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    Dude smoking was a baaaad idea. Just saying haha.

18. #18 4shotmark, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    Guys, a ton of people can smoke and be fine, but giving anecdotal advice like that could really hurt someone! Don't do that...

It not only causes suction but also thins your blood and can jeopardize your clots just from the way it opens your blood vessels.

19. I realize people smoke and are fine. But I wouldn't even risk it.
    Dry sockets were one of the most painful thing I've experienced.

20. [​IMG]