Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Hello there!, Sep 5, 2013.

1. No, I am not getting them removed.

By now you're probably thinking, :confused:

That's how I felt when I realized mine grew in and I couldn't think of one other person who had admitted to this.

I can't be alone, though, right? It was painful at first.. but it didn't last long and wasn't too bad.

2. My sisters friends had hers grow in just fine. We counted and she has an extra molar haha.

My dad never had any, isn't that weird...

3. Mine are coming in now. It hurt like a bitch for about a week but no pain anymore. :confused_2:

4. #4 TheAnswer121, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
    had mine removed about 12 years ago now. those along with a tooth that was impacted. I remember them trying to wake me up (because you can die, of course) but not much else. i'm sure it was less painful to just let them grow in :laughing:

5. My roommate  never had/doesn't need to have em removed.  Dude also has perfectly straight teeth with no braces.   :confused_2:

6. I can't tell if you think people get them pulled because of the pain or not.....?

7. They have lost their usefulness in our species basically.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Or if the person doesnt have insurance. Mine costed like $800 out of pocket to get all four removed. And I just used gas anesthetic. Would have been well over $1000 to be put to sleep.

Dental work is crazy expensive and there's really no such thing as good dental insurance. I had two of my wisdom teeth removed. They just gave me a local anesthetic.

10. Isn't it a combination of this and damage to the jaw/other teeth?

I can't tell what it has to do with the topic question.....

Mobile reppin

11. My top two are grown in and they didn't really hurt... these bottom two though fuckmesidewayswherethedrugsat. They hurt.

12. Mine grew in and hurt for like a month but haven't hurt for the past 6 or so

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #13 Tree Burner, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013

I've never heard of anyone getting them removed for pain. Maybe some have? Generally, it's because of your tooth structure and/or hygiene issues.

14. Just to answer the question, I'm pretty sure its because there just isn't enough room in most peoples jaw for your wisdom teeth to grow in correctly. Most of the time they come out sideways or will push your other teeth out of the way when they grow in if you don't get them removed.

15. well i'm almost 20 and mine just never grew in. Maybe they'll show up in a year or two but i doubt it.

Guess i'm just lucky lol.

16. I got four removed in May. Wont have to do it later in life when the pain will be much worse. And I got a lot of [something that rhymes with bikodin] which was tasty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Yhe sound of them yanking them shits out sucked, nitrous works like a fuckin charm

18. My bottom 2 came in slanted and only about half the tooth is sticking out on either side. It doesn't hurt (Other than when they came in) and hasn't caused me any problems yet so I'll wait until I decide if I'm going to get them removed or not. 

19. Three of mine came in perfectly but the bottom left one is coming in very weird, like the top of the tooth is leaned toward my cheek a little. It doesn't really hurt just a little uncomfortable. If it stays like it is now I'll probably just leave it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Im keeping mine unless they get infected