Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wisdom Teeth Tomorrow/General Anesthesia

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pastscreaming, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow morning and am wondering how far in advance (before/after) i should stop/start for. It will be a general anesthesia, of which I have never had before (and am nervous for).

Anyone with a similar situation or willing to give advice? Thanks.

2. Good luck smoking for about the next 7-10 days. Part of the care of Wisdom Teeth removal is no sucking. Guess you're outta luck.

3. i wouldn't smoke the day you get them out or for a week or two after.

not smoking for 2 weeks is well worth minimizing the potential risk of a dry socket (exposed bone) i can tell you from experience it hurts like hell and it continues to hurt much longer than it would if you didn't risk it and did what the oral surgeon tells you.

4. I know friends who smoked after they got their wisdom teeth out. Plus they had painkillers, so that made a nice combo. I think as long as you dont smoke a ton and wait at least a couple of days you'll be alright, but I'm not totally sure. It's probably not worth the risk though.

5. without going to far into this as the discussion of other drugs is now against the rules..

mixing substances can and usually does lead to potential problems and again, its not worth the risk.

just don't smoke man i'm telling you. if you get dry sockets you will kick yourself for not just waiting

6. Also, please record a video post treatment.

7. Yup, I gotta agree here. OP, you'll see with the post-op instructions, but sucking on anything is verboten for quite a while. You want/need those sockets to keep their blood clots intact while they heal properly.

This might be a good time to try out your latest firecracker or canna-oil recipe if you do anything for the next couple of weeks.

8. having only had 2 surgeries in my life....wisdom teeth and tonsils out

wisdom teeth would be a 3 - it sucks and tonsils a 8....SOOOO BAD

it hurts to even brush the 1st bit you likely wont even want to smoke for 3-4 days and i wouldnt reccomend it either til it has a good time to heal, and stops bleeding think of it as any other part of your body, suddenly having a gaping hole in it, the size of the tip of ur pinky. this isnt no zit, your gona wana keep it as clean as possible

9. thanks for the advice. ill save on toking until at least after jesus' big day.

how about today though? any disadvantage to toking up today (24 hours before?) im not desperate, but if it makes no difference then ive got some free time this afternoon...

10. I did smoke the day before I got mine out and had no problems, I just went with the mind set I bleed more when getting a tattoo when high but can smoke the day before a tattoo without even thinking about it having an effect. surgery would be a bloody mess when high, but I dont think it would matter from the day before.

11. soooooo i survived! the whole thing went by pretty quickly which was good. i got prescrimed anti-biotics, percasets and t3s to help with the pain.

thanks to everyones help i realize i was soundin like a bit of a bitch before but its all good now. im a take a bit of a t-break for the next few days or so (dry sockets).

my surgeon asked me if i had smoked any drugs recently, to which i replied honestly (weekend) then she asked if i had put anything in my nose or injected anything into my veins which i thought was weird but thats ok. she then asked me if drank anything and i said no which she didn't seem to believe (even though its true, i dont really drink)

anyways long story short, thanks for the help guys. peeeeeace