Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wisdom Teeth Removal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ganjah Pandah, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Ok so I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out this Friday, and I'm not sure if I should smoke afterwards. The damn doctor waited way too long to take them out and now says they need to be out by Friday or bad shit will happen. My question to you, GC, is will smoking almost immediately (within a few hours) after my surgery be bad for me? Like will it somehow mess with the wound? I don't want to smoke if it's gonna mess up my stitches or something. help?

2. Yes it will be bad. Maybe get someone to blow smoke in your face.

3. I don't think its good, they told me not to when i got mine removed, but i smoked a bit after I got home. It healed fine for me. Everyone different tho so i can't say for sure.

4. nose hits? :D

5. To be on the safe side, don't. Bad things could happen. Wait a week at least.

6. I got my wisdom teeth removed last year, and knowing how it felt, I would definitely not recommend it. Not only are you in some pretty bad pain, but your mouth will be bleeding, you'll be feeling funny already from the stuff they use when they put you out, you'll have a bottle of hydrocodone (maybe you'll get something else) that they give you to cope with pain, and holes in the backs of your gums that require you to constantly bite on gauze.

Main point of caution: There is a large chance that you will get dry rot (I'm not sure if that's what it's called, but it's something like that) which supposedly hurts worse than a tooth ache and smells horrible, but only if you smoke. I have heard of people using new gauze every time they smoke and then rinse their mouth out with mouth wash after, but I have no experience with that. Best of luck, man!

7. Maybe you could make/buy some edibles?

8. /\ Dry sockets.

9. The reason they tell you not to smoke is because of dry socket. When they pull your teeth out, blood fills the void left behind and coagulates into a clot to close the wound and begin healing.

When you smoke, the suction can cause the clots to pop out of place, leaving your jaw bone exposed to air which apparently hurts more than almost anything else.

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday and plan to consume edibles and use a vape with the fan on so that I don't have to use as much suction to inhale.

Good luck with your procedure, let us know how it goes.

10. Thanks for the advice guys, I guess I'll just go on a t-break for a few days. I'm sure the hydrocodone will be fun ;)

11. make some canna caps and just pop them to get high

12. [quote name='"Ganjah Pandah"']Thanks for the advice guys, I guess I'll just go on a t-break for a few days. I'm sure the hydrocodone will be fun ;)[/quote]

Oh don't worry, it's fun.

13. You're gonna be on so many painkillers that you're not even gonna wanna smoke. Enjoy those pills my man!

14. Yeah, they'll prob give you some codeine. Although I wouldn't mix weed with what is basically morphine, you'll just pass out.

15. When I had mine out a few months ago I smoked regularly, it will definatley help those shitty 5mg codine they give you. just keep hydrated, what you have to worry about it dry sockets so just dont let yourself get cottonmouth. :smoke:

16. I got my wisdom teeth pulled out like 2 two weeks ago.. ive been smoking everyday.. even when i got back...

Stopped taking my Penicillin after a couple days and it go infected...

2 weeks later the left side of my face is still swollen... doesnt hurt that much but its swollen...

Moral Of the story. Just take the pills.

17. I got mine cut out a couple months ago. Just take it easy on the first day, then after that, if you're gonna smoke make sure you rinse like you're supposed to and you'll be fine

18. search function bro

19. You lucky bastard, mine are killing me right now.

Smoke up man, I plan to when mine are out. Lots.

20. Smoking after the surgery is a VERY bad idea. You will have a pretty good chance of getting dry sockets, which I hear suck to the fullest. Not worth it, just wait.

If by chance you can get edibles, though, then we're talking!! Soft edibles or something you don't have to chew really. ;-)