Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wisdom Teeth Removal

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nugglass Fur, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Does anyone know if its ok to blaze within 24 hours before getting your wisdom teeth removed?

Is it safe to toke after the removal?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. I don't know if you'll be so lucky, but when I got my wisdom teeth removed, the oral surgeon gave me so much codeine that blazing would have been unnecessary.

3. Safest to not smoke unless you want dry sockets. Wait until at least 4 days after you get sutures out..

4. Do you still get cotton mouth with edibles?

5. You can smoke as much as you want up until the procedure. After the surgery you will have fresh sockets that you need to be gentle with. The main thing you need to be careful of is SUCTION, you don't want to pull so hard that the sutures get removed and the sockets are exposed. You are safe to smoke pretty soon after the surgery (I would wait at least 24hrs). One method that might work would be to have a friend milk a bong for you while you proceed to clear the chamber. Rinse your mouth out after smoking and you will have no issues with inflammation or infection.

6. yes, but i have been lead to believe that the dryness from smoke itself is what to avoid. Mouths get dry normally, so just stay hydrated and OP should be fine, i don't know for certain though..

7. So I guess i will have to take about a 24hr t-break :(

Thanks for the responses everyone :wave:

8. yeah, don't risk dry sockets. not worth it
    You should get pain killers, that'll be nice until you are safe to smoke again.

9. I would imagine you would be safe with edibles or possibly clearing a milked bong as people have said, as long as you make sure to bring water.

10. Got my wisdom teeth out last summer. Smoked a fat bubbler as soon as i got home, as well as my normal pack of smokes a day. I never stopped doing anything and I was totally fine. I also got 32 vic 500s which helped with the soreness.

11. smoke through your nose to just bypass it all. :rolleyes: haha, just kidding. You will prolly want to lay off the smoke for a few days to allow healing. I know some who have abstained and still got dry sockets, anyway... They suck...ball's, so don't do any extensive "sucking"

12. i smoked the night of my wisdom teeth removal and smoked a spliff the next morning and i was fine..however i will say it is not very fun to smoke the days following wisdom teeth removal...especially eating it makes it suck ever worse strangely and sadly

13. You'd be safer with some kind of a soft edible, the suction necessary for smoking could cause a dry socket and they really hurt to fix. So if you are going to smoke, take soft inhales, like I'd opt for a joint rather than a bong. I smoked after I had my wisdom teeth were removed and I was fine.

14. dry sockets will be the worst thing ever!!! whatever u do dont suck 2 hard, take nice slow soft hits!
    Truse me if u get dry sockets u will wish u didnt smoke.