Wisdom teeth removal question

Discussion in 'General' started by Chronor420, May 17, 2010.

1. So I'm getting my wisdom teeth out in an hour or so and I've been told by others that you can't smoke anything for a while after having this done, for fear of infection.

My question to GC is if there is any way around this, besides edibles of course.

I had thought that if I were to gargle with mouthwash after bunning it might do the trick. Thoughts?

I'm also a cigarette smoker, so I'll ask my dentist about that.

2. #2 1Trismegistus1, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
    Its not infection that fucks you up, it's that suction in the mouth can pull the blood clot out and give you a dry socket which is extremely painful.

You can smoke, but pull very very gently and slowly, don't do the usual suck and inhale. Your best bet would be to make a G-bong so theres no suction at all and the smoke is being pushed into your mouth.

3. I got them taken out about a month ago and had the same problem since I smoke cigarettes too.

Seriously, you're not gonna want to smoke anything for at least 2 or 3 days. Man you have open wounds you don't want all that tobacco shit to go in there. Like the way I felt I didn't even want my cigs.

As for the weed, I just made hash yogurt. Mixed with the percocet I was feeling really good. I just played videogames and ate soft stuff for 3 days(Jell-O, pudding, soup, yogurt, etc.)

Anyways good luck man, it's really not so bad if you don't get complications...but you'll probably get some if you smoke right away so don't do it !

4. I'd recommend edibles, as well. Sucking on anything - straws, joints, etc. can dislodge the blood clot. You REALLY don't want to make wisdom teeth removal worse that it already is.

Check out Mrs. Ed's cooking thread for some ideas. She's got all sorts of recipes on there. You can also easily make pot pills by heating the bud or trim, grinding, and putting into capsules. (Mrs. Ed's thread has instructions on how to 'activate' the bud.) You can get empty capsules at health food stores or online. It's easier if you get the little packing machine, but you don't need it.

I am getting over an abscessed tooth and a difficult root canal, and I didn't need to take prescription meds at all. It controls the swelling, pain, and helps prevent infection.

5. That's what I figured for the most part.

Oh well, I made sure I had a big bong sesh last night with my best friend cause I figured I wouldn't be able to for a while.

6. Could someone get a link to the thread about the capsule from Mrs Ed? I can't find it with the search thing or in the edibles forum.

7. Edibles won't work
    because you won't be able to eat them.

I actually remember I had my spoon and I put it up to my nose and inhaled thru my nose... it was frickin' weird but it worked.

didn't cause any suction in my mouth.. but I had to rinse my mouth out after exhaling - didn't want the icky smoke stuff infecting anything...

8. i smoked when i got my teeth pulled and nothing happned

9. You can eat things like brownies, sorbet, etc. All of them are great when your mouth hurts. You'd only have to get down a small piece of a strong brownie for it to help.

10. You might be able to eat a brownie maybe 4-5 days to a week after getting them extracted... but there's no way you're going to be able to eat a brownie the first few days.

Solid food is a no-no.

You could eat any edibles that are soft though.. but when I think of edibles I think of cookies, brownies, rice krispie treats, etc.. and there's no eating those while recovering

not to mention, brownies might be bad - getting stuck in the holes, etc...