Wisdom teeth removal and cannabis

Discussion in 'General' started by T.R.777, May 23, 2018.

1. Hello, my name is Trevor! And I smoke cannabis on the weekends mainly (sometimes I binge on weekdays to chill if I'm stressed). I've decided to finally create an account on here because I have questions for people more experienced with cannabis then myself. I just wanted to ask about wisdom teeth surgery and smoking if anyone has any experience/advice, and I should note that I had all four of my teeth yanked out.

1. Generally how long should a person wait before smoking weed again? (I'm thinking I might wait a month because dry socket sounds like the worse)

2. Will having smoked weed 3 days before surgery be a cause for concern?

I had my teeth pulled the day before yesterday and feel fine, just wanted some friendly advice!

2. I wouldn't smoke anything for like a week. You could get dry socket and I heard that shit sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah that sounds like a good amount of time to wait... this shit already hurts bad so I can't imagine dry socket lmao. Just got a new bubbler in too! :/

4. 1: Strike a light now...any concern should be with your dentists bill...any shitty dental work will show very soon
    easier for him to repair too...as for the agony and pain = toke more

as for dry gums /socket..? = sheet !!! .. you have a tongue and access to water?

2: see number one

good luck

5. Its more the suction that gets you than the smoke. I'd still wait 3-7 days.
    The suction can fuck up the blood clots and that's where the problem starts.
    I smoked the day after I got mine out and didn't have problems.
    That doesn't mean you wont have problems....
    Stay away from using straws in drinks for awhile also.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Okay thanks for the advice ! Yeah I don't want to try smoking just to have the blood clot fall out, everyone talks about how painful dry socket is...

7. There is no concern about smoking 3 days before tooth removal.
    When you were discharged you were given some instructions on how to care for yourself during the recovery period. What they told you about smoking cigarettes should be good enough for weed. You probably left with that info on paper, but it's ok to call the office and ask how long you should wait before using tobacco.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Okay thank you for giving me relief about smoking prior to the surgery, and yes I will make sure to follow the instructions given by the doctor and probably lay in bed for the next few days:) Also, that's a dope profile pic!

9. And you ain't all that bad look'n yerself, sailor.

10. When you do start smoking pot again just stay away from unfiltered joints/blunts for a bit, to keep any debris from possibly getting in the wounds. Don't eat popcorn either, because of the same reasons.

11. Edibles, tinctures, gravity bong, some vaporizers, dabbing, hash under the glass( one of my favorite old school methods). Just a few ways to enjoy cannabis while dealing with wisdom teeth extraction

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks for all the responses!

13. i smoked the same day i had mine removed.
    i just put wet gauze over the area and took slow hits then removed the gauze after smoking.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. If drawing on a pipe will dislodge the clot then eating certainly would. They say to not smoke out of an abundance of caution, I never worry about it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I smoked and I got a dry socket, pretty painful but since I love smoking weed, the pain was always worth the smoke :RoorRip:

• Like Like x 1
  17. That's what I was speculating... If I can eat, then shouldn't I be able to just take a few small rips. Thanks.

18. eat on other side... smoke on other side.
    not a prob

19. I smoked but i pulled lightly or hand bong it but pull gentle or you can pull the clot out and after every smoke i swilled salt water.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Oh and dry socket aint as bad as people make out wait till you get a kidney stone dry socket is a walk in the park if you get it go to.dentist he packs it with this fiber stuff and your fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app