Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wisdom teeth out tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420biker, Jul 8, 2010.

1. hey guys gettin all 4 pulled. shouldnt be too bad

few qestions.

1. can i smoke tonight? (i have no idea how else im getting to bed if i dont lol:p) my surgery is at 12 tomorrow

2. if i wait a full week should i be clear of dry sockets?

3. would a bong be fine or should i use a pipe to govern the amount of smoke?

2. Tonight will be fine man, and afterwards is up to you i mean you will be the best judge of the situation. but id give it 3 days at least personally. have fun with the painkillers and good luck :p

3. DO NOT SMOKE!!! It will cause Dry Caps. Extremely painful. Wait atleast 3 days prior to smoking.

No bongs, no nothing to do with smoking. People get away with smoking right away but I would not recommend it.

4. 1.I got my 4 pulled in late may. yes you can smoke tonight.

2.i waited 3 days to smoke after the surgery and that first hit kinda hurt my mouth so i waited another 3 days and was fine. dont worry, you'll be fine on the hydrocodine they give your for a week.

3. smoke out of a very free flowing pipe, bong should be the last thing on your list. or if you cant wait take knife hits.

5. well i smoked this morning so 3 days prior wont happen. i dont know how long i can go thow i think i can do a week but not anymore:p

6. I dont think the smoke itself is as harmfull as the pulling action in your mouth, by doing that your actually pulling moisture out of the socket, Slow & easy pulls.

7. If you smoke you're chances of getting dry sockets is almost certain. And from what I hear dry sockets are incredibly painful. I've heard someone say they wouldnt have smoked for a month rather than go through the pain from it.

And especially don't smoke out of a bong, you don't want to suck on anything because you will pull the stitches out, that's why they tell you not to drink out of a straw. I think a joint or something where you can inhale without sucking would be the best bet.

8. one of my room mates had his out and he stayed high through shot gun blunts through the nose lol

9. I'm having mine taken out on the 24th. I'm going to do it. My friend smoked his way through it and he said he was fine. However, the slightest adverse effect and I will stop until healed. Your call man be smart though.

10. I wouldn't do it, coughing will be enough to rip your stitches. and when i had my teeth out i was more than high from all the pills they gave me and spend a few days just zombie'd out on the couch anyways. If you really want to smoke i would use a vaporizer or try smoking through your nose

11. i woud do one of the following:

-smoke through your nose
    -use a vape
    -use a bong
    -eat it...like heat it up in peanut butter then make a smoothie with ur special peanut butter in it

But in all seriousness. I would just eat it or smoke it through your nose. Eating it being your first choice.

12. DO NOT SMOKE! most painful experience in your life! And the perks you get are nice so just sit back relax. also getting out of anesthesia is fucking hilarious. so whoever is driving you make sure to get them to record you. haha funny shit

13. I smoked after getting mine pulled (a day or so later) and got 4 dry sockets. I'd use the painkillers to have a fun t-break. Dry sockets were the WORST!

14. shit i forgot to mention i want to get off thier medication asap. i realy dont like drugs i take advil maybe twice a year hehe:p. i think a week sound fine and i got a Roor so thier shouldnt be a huge problem with sucking since i wont have to do the normal clear since i never have to. thanks alot for the tips thow guys greatly apreciated!

15. Make weed ramen.

16. This is going to be funny. You're going to either get dry sockets or suck our stitches out.

17. well you can shove it up your ass because i dont pay a cent for health care!:)

18. I got all four of mine taken out.

First - DON'T GET HIGH BEFOREHAND if you're going under anesthesia - you do not want to fuck with that shit.

Do not smoke for AT LEAST a week. Even inhaling through your nose can cause suction in your mouth and dry socket is the fucking worst. You will hate yourself for smoking if it happens to you.

Better to be safe than sorry. You could always eat edibles that are soft enough to eat...

The swelling will suck tremendously after the first day or so... and it will probably take you a week at the very least to be rid of the pain - assuming all 4 of your wisdom teeth are impacted.

19. I am getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow! wow this is a great thread for me, no smoking afterwards for a week, great advice, thanks a lot!

I will smoke tonight though =D

Edit: +rep to the guy above me, good advice! Thanks a lot!