Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wisdom teeth gettin pulled

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by w8liftr, Oct 11, 2008.

1. I'm gettin my wisdoms pulled in a couple months and they said if you smoke then you can get blood clots in the gums.I was wondering if i should stop smoking?do they mean if i smoke AFTER i get my wisdoms pulled?can i smoke before?my parents dont know i smoke and dont want them to find out.

2. Just chill on the pills they give you, then smoke.

3. #3 gerg, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2008
    dont risk the pain you will get if the clots come out, getting high isnt worth pain IMO

4. but i dont want blood clots.im tryin to avoid them.can i still smoke before and not get blood clots?or should i just stop and wait untill i get my teeth pulled and a little while after?

5. reread my post more carefully, im basicly saying dont smoke until your mostly healed

6. Just smoke through your nose if you really need to get high.

7. DO NOT UNDER ANY CURCUMSTANCES SMOKE AFTER U GET UR WISDOM TEETH PULLED. at least untill its healed that is. i had mine out, they tell u not to even drink through a straw for a week because it will rip out the blood clots. u want the blood clots for the healing process. if they rip out, ull either strat bleeding everywhere, or get dry socket. i got dry socket, and it is a miserable pain that makes u want to break ur jaw off. its basically the blood clot didnt form properly and the nerve is exposed to the air and anything u eat. also, for about a week or so afterwards, u wont be able to open ur mouth wide enough to smoke. fitting a spoon into ur mouth so u could eat ur freekin yogurt a killer. like i said, dont smoke untill the doc says u can, and stock up on yogurt, pudding, jellow, oatmeal, and slimfast or carnation instant breakfast. seriously u wont be eating solid food for a week and a half or 2 weeks. not tryin to scare u, but just be prepared. its a pain in the neck but if u dont get it done, itll fuck up ur jaw. on a bright note tho, ull be too busy with pain killers to think about weed. seriously, i got percs, my sister got vicoden, and my ex girlfriend got oxycodone.

P.S. if the doctor gives u a choice between laughing gas and full anesthesia, go with the laughing gas. it feels amazing, makes u so freekin giddy, and chances are by the time they preform the opperation, ull be so loopy ull either conk out in the middle of it, just be in the clouds.

P.S.S. also, if ur bad with needles, they do give u like 6 shots of novicane, but thats after the laughing gas has started to kick in, so its not that bad. anyway, good luck, and ull recover b4 u know it, and be tokin again. think of it as a T break, and enjoy the pain pills while u can.

8. no u do want blood clots. it helps the healing process. if u dont have them ull get dry socket, which as i stated b4, sucks ass. i had it, it was not fun at all.:(

9. My friend got his wizdoms teeth pulled and smoked weed the next day and seemed fine.

10. I got all four of mine out at once, and trust me, you won't WANT to smoke until they're healed. I honestly didn't eat anything for 3 days after the surgery because I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to fit anything in there without severe pain. Shit sucks.

11. Its different for everyone.. like the one guy said about jello.. i was fine eating solid food.. my doc even said he had a huge steak after he had his pulled didnt recommend it but didnt regret it.. this is not saying i know you and to just smoke.. but it is different for every1 i wouldnt just incase though

12. I had my wisdom teeth pulled about 4 months ago, and let me tell you, I freaked out the night before since I had smoked that evening. I didnt know if the medication they gave me would interact with the THC. BUT...there is absolutely nothing to worry about, even with the clotting. Smoked the day of the surgery also...just hurt a bit :eek:

13. I had mine pulled a few eeks ago, you can smoke as much as you want ahead of time, but not immdediatly after surgery. Just chill with the pills they give you untill it's healed enough that you can eat solid foods then your good to go.

14. I have to get all 4 of my Wisdom teeth pulled on Oct 31st. LOL@ME :D

I think another thing you may have to worry about is the fierce interaction your mouth will have after smoking. What if you cough? Can you imagine the pain you'd be in if you had a coughing fit after a toke coming on with that amount of pain in your jaw from the pullings?

15. i didn't smoke for about a week after i got mine pulled and although i had a fast recovery with no pain, whenever i smoked for about another week after that, my mouth would feel weird (specifically my gums) and it would be pretty distracting. no pain, just an annoyance.

did that happen to anyone else?

16. That's true, it is different for everyone. My sister was in a lot of pain afterwards. My turn came, and after the procedure (during which I remember the Dentist saying "He has such delicate hands" :eek:), I was eating donuts, and other solid food. Never had a problem.

17. still happening to me 1 week after surgery. Feels kinda numb/weird but i cant describe it. So distracting.

18. a dry socket is a BITCH. I just had 2 teeth pulled

here's a tip, just do french inhales until you heal up a bit.

19. maybe inflamed or swollen?

20. I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled next friday. That's weird that so many people on the forum are doing it at once.

I normally use a vaporizer. Can I still inhale vapor after the surgery or would that mess it up too? I can see reasons either way, but just wondering.