Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wisdom teeth and weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dachrons, Feb 10, 2010.

1. I was wonderin if I'll still be able to smoke after havin my wisdom teeth surgically removed? I think they are going to give me codeine for the pain so I want to know if I'll be alright to smoke

2. Sure, but why would they give you codeine for the pain? More like vikadin or morphine. But yeah if you remember too your fine too smoke, it should help with the sleeping pains and embarrassing chipmunk look. Just make sure your jaws are cool with it after.

3. ask them straight up. doctors and dentist are aware of the amount of people who smoke pot more than anything else. when my doctor asks me if a smoke i just state "not cigaretes" and he gets the point right away.

4. whatever you do don't smoke while you're healing up, you could give yourself dry socket. It's gonna suck for a while but for 3 days you can't have suction in your mouth because that pulls the clots out of the hole. It's fucked up man, but you'll be able to smoke soon. Not fucking up your mouth is important :D

5. Agreed, do not smoke until it is healed up.

6. I was also wondering about this as I am having my wisdom teeth out soon. I know Iv heard from a friend that with a vaporizer you can inhale through your nose and wont mess with the sockets? anyone know if this is true? btw its a DBV with the standard whip. Not that I cant go three days without smoking but I'm just curious.

7. im just curious, why do you have to remove it? My wisdom tooth has hurt badly lately, and im thinking about seeing a dentist

8. I would totally NOT do this, it cant be good for your sinuses.

9. They gave my boy Vicodin, but don't smoke its going to get infected...

10. i vaped 2 days after my wisdom teeth were pulled.. my wisdom teeth came out last friday and i vaped 2 days after for 3 days straight.. its fine

11. I inhaled some cigarette smoke through my nose and it's been fucked ever since.

12. My dentist told me wait a week for smoking to be safe with weed, until its completely healed for cigarettes. I definately wouldnt smoke within 3 days if I were you, I waited the whole week.

13. Definitely wait. You have to keep the socket as clean as possible, and smoking weed can suppress your immune system.

14. yeah man DO NOT smoke for like a week or until you know your sores within your mouth are healed. Imagine what the inside of your mouth looks like...you probably are getting all 4 wisdom teeth removed so you have 4 MASSIVE holes in your gums.

its a surgery. not a routine cleaning.

15. Hey guys thanks so much I was getting ready to smoke that night so I could sleep but now I'm not going to I'll just take me pills wwhatever they give me I'll wait till. 3 days pass then I'll wake and bake haha and the reason I'm gettin them removed is I just got my braces off a few months ago and they have to take out my wisdom teeth in order for my teeth to stay straight because they have not grown in yet and the bottom two have roots very close to a vital nerve in my jaw so I gotta get em out quick thanks every one