Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

wisdom teeth and weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mvp4u, Feb 16, 2013.

1. So i got my wisdom teeth taken out on Tuesday and the paper they gave me said wait 48 hours to smoke but ive been reading online that peoples doctors told them to wait a week. And im really worried about dry socket but the pain have been making me kinda moody and i know weed would take the edge off. what do you guys think?

2. you get opiate pain meds for a reason bro... do you really want to risk the excruciating pain of dry socket???

3. Dont smoke. I had all 4 taken out at once and it sucked. The pain was not bad, just bles for like a day nonstop and you cant really open ur mouth much since ur jaw is sore as hell. But dont smoke. It will be hard enough to eat ur mashed potatoes or chili or pudding, whatever ur eating. Smoking is a no go

4. yeah i had the same problem when i had mouth work done. I would just smoke like normal, but afterwards u need to rinse your mouth out with salt water to treat the womb

5. I smoked 36 hours later. Use a bong with a very loose seal, remember dry socket is said to be as painful as childbirth.

6. Yeah I wouldn't risk it. Dry sockets are a bitch.

7. i wouldnt advise smoking anything for a week dude.

8. I got all 4 out and smoked a few days later and got dry sockets in all 4 holes. It was horrible. Of course I had already taken all my vics and couldn't get the prescription refilled so it was really shitty, just wait a week.

9. I started burnin the day after i had mine out and I was fine.

10. #10 ForeverFaded21, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    I had all 4 of mine out, and two were impacted and had to be cut out. I smoked after 3-4 days, probably not the best idea, but I didn't get dry socket. But then again, for some reason I didn't have much pain with my surgery.. I was given liquid codeine but stopped taking it once the pain subsided into a soreness.

EDIT: If you do decide to smoke, remember to ALWAYS keep damp gauze over the extraction sites.

11. Do you guys think maybe super soft hits from a joint would be cool i mean it said wait 48 hours to smoke and its been 5 days since the surgery

12. the only positive way to even look at this is i get a little break but im use to smoking at least once a day and it sucks to be around friends smoking trees and hookah and just sitting there watching them lol

13. So glad my top two came in without a problem and now just waiting on the bottom two, lol.

14. Just make some canna peanut butter. It doesn't take any time at all. Would be a lot better then getting dry sockets.

15. got a good recipe i can use?

16. I got 5 wisdom teeth pulled at once, cause im a freak of nature. I waited over a week to smoke just to be safe, I dont have insurance and just had a $2000 surgery. I was in so much pain the first time I tried to hit bho. Just take the meds the doc gave you. Or make an edible or tincture.

17. #17 SpyVSpy, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    Decarb weed @220 for 20
    Mix weed with peanut butter
    Heat mixture @ 300-325 or so for 20min
    Let cool
    Enjoy :hello:

You can use as much weed and peanut butter as you wish. I usually pick up a 1/4 at a time and grind up all but 2 nugs that I save for vaping/smoking, then I use about 2 tbsp (30 grams) of peanut butter.