Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Iziba, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Seems we had a medical bill a couple years back, 2009, but nothing ever since. Anyone have any insights into the future of Wisconsin MM?

We seem to be a generally democratic state but no movement here...hmm

2. I've heard rumors of a possible proposition coming up again soon. It could just be a rumor but if it does ever come up I will definitely be voting.

3. For sure, I feel like all the states around us are getting it done or proposing it but we're not even trying. I'll be at the polls as well.

4. Come on guys email your representatives..those states have gone so far because they have seen most of their people want it and are in favor of it..I'm trying to do the same here in Florida

5. Yeah Alabama has been making some good progress, one of our politicians called a member of our medical marijuana reform coalition AMMJC and told him to "stop fucking calling me", after that they handed out his number from his call, and BAM shittons of emails, mail, phone calls and letters started flying at the politician.

The point is to make the politicians so aggravated they want to pass your bill on, so other bodys of government (house, senate) have to hear it, and if they shoot you down, become more annoying and persistent.

It sucks that alabama doesn't have a way to gather signatures and force a bill in... But If alabama can make progress on house bill 2, my old home state of wisco (waukesha) sure as hell can. Keep the pressure on em

6. I actually was reading today that Alabama is considering 2 bills regarding MM

7. I'm not exactly sure but I sure hope something happens in Wisconsin!

8. We need to bring more attention to this thread and unite with our fellow wisconsinites to prove that we are serious about this it's been too long since anything was even suggested

9. It sure would be nice to have some movement in wisconsin.

10. Guys please go to change.org there is a petition to decriminalize cannabis in Florida so please go sign it. I know that many people say online petitions dont work but I will sent this petition personally to all of our legislators, I will call and I will make sure they see the great amount of residents in favor. And that, they do care about. It takes like 2 minutes guys, its better than nothing.

11. Isn't it amazing how in these "Democratic" states, somehow, miraculously, there is just enough opposition politically to create gridlock? (They've been at this for a while now.)

Just across the border in MN there is NO political movement on this issue presently thanks to the Republican-controlled legislature that somehow got elected the same year a DEM governor was elected. LOL! What a coincidence, huh?

In the meantime, if one wanted to work toward true change, you could suggest becoming an "I & R" state (Initiative and Referendum.) I believe fewer than HALF of the states in the U.S. are able to have legislation brought forth by the people like was the case in WA, CO, CA, etc. A willing representative must submit this legislation for vote on behalf of the people.

By the way: guess who has put up the MOST opposition to I&R initiatives to make states I & R states, historically?
    Those nice Democrats. And Newspapers/Media.

12. Yep I'm also from wisconsin. I wouldn't mind supporting a movement.

13. niiice. good call, man. a lot of northern states have liberal laws. peace!

14. I've done my part by emailing representatives. the southern half of the state is on there right track, it's the northern half that needs a kick in the ass! come on fellow northern wisconsinites let's do this!

15. i dont see anything happening here anytime soon bt who knows.keep emailing reps

16. honestly i don't either, but it makes me feel better knowing i keep trying

17. chevy who can/should I email because I would be more than happy to send emails to our reps I'm just a little lost as to where to start :confused_2:

18. im not sure where you are located in the state but here is a link to the wi norml site. there is a box on the right hand side about halfway down where you put in your zip and it shows who all represents your area. they have links to contact them all on there to. send an email to everyone on the list. the more emails they get the more tired of it they will get, which in turn might force them to give in.. probably not but it's definitely worth a shot. that site has a lot of info if you've never been on it.