Wisconsin to drug test for food stamps

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Hoosiergrower, Dec 6, 2017.

1. The first program started in the US in 2010 so unless you count 8 years as recent that is not the case

2. I do count that as recent. 8 years in the history of the welfare system isn't shit.

3. I agree but I think nothing should be tested.

Welfare is for people who are disabled or who are struggling to find work just like here in the UK we have a similar system but I don't think you should be testing the people on the system. Over here they make them go to job club like a group session with other people in there predicament out of work and down and out lol. Anyway if they go to the session they get there welfare and if they don't go they don't get shit and it works out pretty well because the turn around is good because it's so depressing people get a job or people get so much help there they get a job instantly sure we have people abuse the system but it happens everywhere.

What you are now trying to do is make people homeless because they smoked weed one time a few weeks ago and it shown up on a drug test. It's a life choice if they choice to smoke pot or get drunk instead of eating food that's there own choice. I'm sure if they were made to go to classes like over her they would stop.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. You're talking about the uk. It's different here. People in perfect health can spend their entire lives from birth to death on welfare without even trying to get a job.

I don't give a fuck if it makes lazy pukes homeless. Send them to the UK

5. Yeah send me here we will make them work lol

But people here can spend there entire life on welfare in perfect health and if they have more kids they get more money. They have been stories here in numerous funny tabloid newspapers like the sun about people having like 15 kids and given a millionaire house for free.

6. No woman here is going to want to have kids with a homeless man so they ain't gonna get that shit that is for struggling families just like over where you are all I'm saying in they shouldn't be doing that shit they should be helping them find jobs.

7. Welfare isn't for just the homeless here. Anyone under the median income is eligible.

8. Yeah same over here anyone on low income can have food. I think it's all wrong to be honest what they should do is pardon the test in states where cannabis is legal which is basically just california.

9. If you can't afford to support yourself and feed yourself and family, you can't afford weed. Testing should not be pardoned no matter where the person lives.

California just became rec legal a few days ago. Other states have had legal recreational weed longer. You obviously don't know what's going on here .

10. Come on man you know how strict the weed tests are and how depressing it gets in those threads where guys talk about failing and getting fired from work for having something stupid like 1 spliff 2 months prior to the test. Like I said I don't think they should be testing and I don't think they should be testing employees in very responsible jobs.

11. #71 killset, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Dude were not talking about people with decent jobs. We're talking about people getting free money. I don't care if someone on welfare posts a thread about not being able to pass their welfare drug test to get free money....tough shit

You really have no clue of what's going on over here in the United states, you just keep proving you don't with each post.

If you can't afford food or housing, you sure as hell can't afford weed. Weed is not an essential part of life, food and housing is.

12. Who said the person was spending all the money on weed enjoying it what happens if a friend gave them 2s on a spliff 2 months ago there fucked then. Lol

13. #73 killset, Jan 5, 2018
    You're really stretching now. It's an extremely rare stoner that has never paid for weed.

Nor would a person that smokes only 2 spliffs be unable to pass a test 2 months later. There wouldn't be enough built up in their system to last 2 months after only 2 free joints

14. Yes i know its extremely rare lol Well I guess it's a good thing over here they don't do drug testing but hardcore stoners get found out trust me. When they slip up and turn up to a meeting stoned or anything along those lines then it's taken away or talked out of them by the police or people in the meeting. It's common sense catching lazy people out but I think a test is stupid. And I said they should only test people in very responsible jobs they shouldn't be testing people in low end factory jobs unless there's danger posed.

15. Dude we're talking about people taking free hand outs paid for by tax payers in a country you know nothing about. This isn't the topic for you. It's obvious you are clueless to what's being discussed

16. Iceyweed,

It's not just California. There is legal weed, medical or recreational, in more than a dozen states of the U.S., and large cannabis-tolerant communities in most other parts of the U.S. There are parallels in European countries, but the U.S. has always had ethnic clusters of weed smokers all over the country for more than a hundred years: Mexican, Black, along with White. Heck, here in Northern California, I have Chinese friends whose grandfathers ran opium dens back in the early part of the 1900's. That was pretty much wiped out by very aggressive law enforcement in the early 1900's, but cannabis smoking was always a part of our social fabric in the big cities all over the U.S.
    Back in the mid 50's, I picked up a biography of a kid living in London in the late 40's when Brits referred to weed as "charge," and when the Jamaicans began coming to Britain in large numbers and were probably instrumental in making weed ("Charge") fairly well known in London and other UK cities. This is old news to Brits, but just anecdotal stuff as I was growing up and already heavy in the "California grasshopper culture."

17. What if they are growing their own medicine?

18. #78 killset, Jan 5, 2018
    Like I said earlier legitimate medical patients are differnt then someone just looking to get high. Let's face it, most are just looking to get high. Growing costs money that could be used for food, housing and utilities...not added utilities from uneccessarily growing without a legit medical reason

If there's a legitimate medical reason and a legitimate doctor signs off on it, then fine. Not some stoner that sleeps 14 hours a day but has a med card for insomnia, from some hippy doctor he just met. that shits a joke and makes all medical cannabis look stupid.

19. America is a shot joke I'm glad I'm part of a country that stayed behind and reaped the riches from the world not some silly castaway.

Your basically the same as an Australian lol