Wis. gov supports medical marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by B-dazzle, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Wed., Oct. 21 2009 @ 11:20AM
    Could Wisconsin make medical marijuana legal before Minnesota? It looks a lot more promising across the border with their governor supporting it for treating severe pain and other ailments.

Gov. Jim Doyle said he wold support a medical marijuana bill in his state if users could only get it with a doctor's prescription. He says he has no problem with the use of marijuana to help medical conditions since doctors already prescribe more dangerous drugs like morphine.

This week, the Obama administration said they will not prosecute marijuana users or suppliers in the states that have legalized it.

Just one more year of Pawlenty and our state can start talking about this bill again. Pawlenty vetoed a medical marijuana bill this year.

Orignal Source

2. #2 amsterdam, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
    I came here to post this. Fantastic! I live in Wisconsin and would have never guessed Doyle as a supporter.

FYI- Doyle is not running for reelection. This needs to be pushed through fast.

3. Good luck wisconsin-ites (???)!!!! Hopefully with the support of a pro-cannabis gov. you all can agree on a medical bill to be passed =) .

4. Thank god, maybe I won't have to move to Cali after all.

5. this would make my life so much easier! god that would be awesome.

6. this neeeeeeds to happen!!!

7. not my state but one more on the map is better

8. Finally, but i don't see this happening before doyle leaves

9. Please let this happen this would be amazing:hello:

10. LOL I thought I read that somewhere before,.... didn't someone find loose wire connectors and chicken bones in their box.
    :wave::smoking: