wiring a fan to a thermostat?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ToKeNuGz, Mar 22, 2006.

1. I was wondering if it would be hard to wire a fan to turn on when a thermostat in the room read a certain temperature. So my fan would be turned on when the temps get about 82* F or so. If it's not too much trouble and anyone knows how to do this, I'd love to see a diagram. Also, if this has been asked before, I can't find it on the site, so if anyone has a link, that would be very helpful.

edit:
    hmm.. I just found a good link to the exact thing I need... but the price is pretty steep. Anyone know how to wire one of these up? http://www.texashydroponics.com/shop/product.php?productid=1934&cat=230&page=1

Peace:smoke:
    Nugz

2. Maybe I'm missing something, but it says right on the page, "Easy to use - plug fan into control receptacle, then plug control into 120v. power supply." So it looks like you just plug the fan into the thermostat and then plug the thermostat into the wall, no wiring work.

I agree it's pricey.

3. You can do what I am doing, get a PC LCD Temperature Fan Control Unit, 4 fans, pc power supply and hook it all up. Get a pc power supply with the on off switch on the back. This setup ran me $40.