Wiring 2 qb96 elite v2

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SubSub, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Post if u need help but it's real easy to build them

2. Thanks I appreciate it.
    The driver and light showed up. I wired the Driver to the plug but I am waiting on the wire for the board.

Does it matter which side of the Thermal pad you put on the board?

3. Yes very much, AC side only

4. does it matter how long the leads from the driver to the board is? How far do you usually make them?

5. Not really, should come tinned. Just use theirs

6. On the Power cord side it's Black to Brown and White to Blue? I am in the US.
    I am paranoid with Power so I just asking. I would rather double check rather than Mess it up.

Sorry and thank you.

7. I run mine through the wall and mount drivers outside so I gave them 7-8’

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. When I get my two 96v2 in Is it better to run parallel or series?

9. I get the concept of what each is current same series and volt same parallel and all that. The only positive I can think on for parallel is if a board goes out the rest does not. So my deciding factor would come down to that my apartment is OLD(50s maybe) and I’m sure the wiring is fairly old also. Which way would better to run in my situation

10. I like the HLG-320H-54a wired in parallel. You can add a meter to it since it’s in parallel and under 100v (tough finding one of those meters over 100v)

Here’s my two maxed out.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1

11. Yes.

"Brown is your hot wire so you want to connect that to your building's black wire. The blue is negative or return, so that will go to white. Green with yellow stripe is the ground and will go to the building green"
    Brown Wire, Blue Wire and Green Stripe Wire-what are these? Which is black and hot and which is white?

(I'd seen that question before)

• Like Like x 1
  12. #113 wwonka, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    I just want to say thank you to everyone who put up with my questions.
    Light is up and working good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Are you running just a single qb96?

14. If ur driver is inside tent, they heat up quite a bit. Worthwhile to rewire it and fasten them outside the tent. Got a 24f drop in temps running both my 320h-54a outside on tent roof

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yes I am. I plan on adding a 2nd next month.

16. Definitely do that to reapply full benefits, granted 1 qb is still a huge upgrade from most lights but to get that nice spread of crystallized frost the more ponys you bring to the race the better your odds in the final stretch.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hell if I had the space I'd love to add a 4 piece set of qb120s or 2 304s for veg but with my restrictions I have no choice but to run a two bulb 6400k t5 flourescents as my starters.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I am def getting a 2nd. but can live with 1 for the next month. I am still amazed at how bright these lights can get.

19. Hey man I saw your diagram how to wire. However I don't have 3 slot wagos only 2. So could I twist two together that are matching - or + and connect?