Wiring 2 qb96 elite v2

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SubSub, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Another guy says should plug it in like this.

2. #82 mokaseeds, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    I think I understand your connection are parallel and their are serial.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      502.2 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      53.8 KB
      Views:
  3. What u think? When connected is parallel the LED boards to the same driver can lighting with different brightness and if one of the LED board will burned, the amperage of the others will increasing and other LED board can also burn out.

4. The one you drew up

5. I have equal going to both, might see a fraction more here n there but not even noticable.

6. Nice thread.. Will definitely alleviate all the guess and stress from my next grow lights, 4 qb96’s. Moving into the wiring leds your self is kind of a bit discouraging.. As opposed to buying a pre-configured led light, plugging her up, and just hanging that sucker up :laughing:

7. 4 qb96 surpass a 1000w hps single ended. Talked to hlg on phone all about it and half the wattage plus the only viable led plug n hangs start at 1000$. Saving yourself bread all the way around.

8. Most def. I’ve just been choosing the lazy mans way out. until. today.

9. Until I got some help on here I just didn't know any better, was going to buy 3-4 blurples at $400-500 a pop. Trying to spread the word.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. How do you remove the wires from the QB 96 board?

11. Just pull the wires out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. This is the correct way for parallel wiring.

I drew this diagram.

It’s how my two 96’s are wired.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. 1 neg and one positive to each board only have one of each so you'll need to split it. DC to wall

14. I was worried about doing this till I found this thread. Just wanted to say thanks.
    The Diagrams made sense of it.
    Peace

15. Don't over think it like I did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I was but the Diagram helped. that's when I realized it was that complicated.

17. Get some 3 way wagos 10pk and 2 ip67 waterproof connectors to simplify and guarantee success...don't have to worry if cross wire, board just will reject power.

18. Here's pics of what u want. All the supplies u need, pay extra for solid core 18g wire and 2 6' power tool replacement plugs

Attached Files:

19. Here's pics of what u want. All the supplies u need, pay extra for solid core 18g wire and 2 6' power tool replacement plugs. Oh and a stripper/ crimper for 10 bucks