Wiring 2 qb96 elite v2

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SubSub, Dec 22, 2018.

1. I'm building a frame to house two of these x2 in parallel. Just wonder if they should be wired the same as the qb288s in parallel with DC side getting split to each positive and then positive to negative in between the boards. First time we build so I'm a little antsy and can't afford to screw this up. Sorry about that but thanks in advance. Can't seem to find any diy vids on this specific board so I'd like to know wats the closest to them and I'll follow that diagram.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. You know what page? I went all the 2 board configuration pages n just saw alot of stress testing and tons of math. Just want to know if I come out of psu then split 1 wire to both positives/negatives or if I just wire positive to negative for 2 boards.

3. @MickFoster or @Soil2Coco may be able to help hopefully :D

4. Positive to positive and negative to negative for parallel wiring

5. Ok that's all I needed. Thanks you again

• Like Like x 1
  6. Placed the order for my 4th board today. Now I just need a 2nd mean well 320h-54a and a little fiddling with parts n I'll be all set

7. What kind of hooks ar those that you have on both fixture ends? Bayee metal hangers are only good for 20 lbs.

8. Those boards and heat sinks are no where close to 20lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Even with the 1" aluminium frame I'm building to mount them on and then a 320h-54a mounted in between them. Figured I'd be at 20 lbs between all of it.

10. Yeah with the driver attached it will be up you can mount the driver elsewhere. But if you’re set on putting it on the frame it’d probably exceed 20lbs

11. So wiring would look like this except 1 driver per 2. I think I'll put the drivers in my hanging toolbox then.

Attached Files:

12. No you should have 4 wires running from driver to your two boards. The 4 wires have (2) negative and (2) positive.

One - and one + ran to both boards

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. You know a diagram or anything I can follow as a guide? Even a simple drawing I could use as a guide. So 2 of each to each board and then to the other board or split 4 wires to send 4 wires to each board from the psu. Like following drawing. Diagram 1 or 2 or neither

Attached Files:

14. Sorry for crappy diagram, spun up quick.

15. So just 1 positive and negative to each board. Could I add these to the line as a fail safe? They'll be on a surge protector.

Attached Files:

16. The top diagram you drew.

17. Give me a minute I’ll take some
    Pics of mine

• Like Like x 1
  18. So no need to wire the boards at all together at all. Just positive to positive/ negative to negative on each board then wire 320h-54a to plug and I'm all set? Am I understanding this correctly?

19. Correct here’s a pic of just one of the lights

My blue are my negative and my yellow are positive.
    [​IMG]

You repeat this on the other light. The pic above has the wire from my driver running to the wago connectors. And in each wago 2 wires one wago is my positive and the other is my negative.
    [​IMG]

No need to wire the boards together you just run straight from where you spliced on the driver to each board.

• Like Like x 1