Winter's Close...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BKKG, Oct 6, 2007.

1. So I don't have a problem right now, but I know that I will in a short while, so I thought it best to try and solve it right now so that I can be prepared, and not risk my little plants.

I live in a northern state, which shall remain nameless, and we have pretty harsh winters here. The room in which I grow is not well heated, and the temperatures will fall enough to kill my plants in winter, and maybe even late fall. I'm planning on buying a space heater for myself, and can easily point it towards the plants. But most space heaters are not too precise in their settings, and I don't want to burn my plants.

So am I stuck just fiddling with the heat settings and distance from the box when winter comes around until I get it right? Does anyone have any suggestions of how to keep my babies at a good temperature?

2. Your grow room cant be that cold to kill a cannabis plant. If soo, damn thats a cold room! lol 5C/41F and its getting cold. If your around 15C/59F its fine.

A good idea is to put styrofoam under your pots to keep the roots/soil warm, floors are cold;)

If you really need to use a heater, your going to have to get a thermostat.

Good Luck

3. your lights will provide enough heat for everyone while on,+they like 2b cooler at night. i live w/my plants too:D