Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Winterizing: From Wax to Shatter

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by ConcentrateCharlie, Nov 26, 2013.

1. So i took half  of each different kind of wax i have currently (3g total) and dissolved them in 70 ml of 190 proof ethanol and stuck it in the freezer for 10 hours, after 10 hours i checked the beaker with ethanol/hash oil mixture with my IR temp gun and it was 8*F just as cold as the chicken breast ive had in there for a week, so i figure leaving it in there longer isnt gonna make any difference. You could visibly see huge clouds of white plant waxes/fats. I used 2 filters (160 micron mean skreen and a unbleached coffee filter) and  poured the mixture very slow through the filters as to try and not agitate the the solidified junk. a did the filtering right in my freezer, on to a round glass plate, then i let it evap on low 95-100*F heat untill all the visible ethanol was evaporated. Then i let it sit for half hour before i scrapped. After i scrapped it i put it in the vac chamber and got a good amount of reaction out of it, let it sit in the vac overnight and woke up with this shatter patty. I weighed it out and i only lost .2g in plant waxes and solids. And thats .2g of plant fats that i will not be inhaling!

heres a pic of the different waxes i had

Blueberry Northern Lights

[​IMG]

Grape Ape Trim Run (not my product)

[​IMG]

Mutt run of 2nd blast wax (was using this stuff to season nails)

[​IMG]

Mutt Run of a few diff strains i know there was afghan, blueberry ak47, and Bubba Kush

[​IMG]

And i got this in return

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for lookin!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Holy shit man that looks bomb I should do that with my wax.

3. I can't even begin to explain how jelly I am of that end product. Very nice looking stuff keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the comments guys, i think the mixture of strains gave it the unique consistency its almost like Styrofoam, yet it snaps apart like shatter, very cool consistency and i was glad i was able to remove 0.2g of nasty's that i didnt want to inhale. i think im going to start winterizing from now on.

5. interesting consistency, usually when i've winterized i end up with razor sharp hard stuff but last time it ended up pretty pull n snappy on me... hows the flavor, not too muted i hope?

6. the consistency is very interesting, i figure its because there was over 6 strains mixed together. This stuff is pretty stable at room temp but if you let it sit in ur fingers for a while it starts to bend. Didnt loose to much flavor, it has that unique ethanol taste that i get when ever i use everclear as a solvent, its not a bad taste its just very specific and unique. Although all the strains kinda clash together taste wise and you get more of a hashy taste then anything.

7. Sweet! Old thread, but definitly helped me out. Going to start winterizing

8. #8 0Franklee, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Hot Diggity Dogg your doing a great job with that, keep it up. WoW:smoking-bong: