winter temp issues, help please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HerbalAssassin0, Dec 4, 2009.

1. whats up yall, ive found some pretty serious purple discoloartion on my plants stem/leaves, and i know its the cause of all the cold temps this winter.

my temps are getting to be like 65'ish...

how much of a real problem will this be?

is it just going to slow growth? any other serious issues?

should i just pay up and get a small heater in there?

my room dimensions are 12x5x6.5 ft, u guys think one small heater would work?

ive had issues with temps being too high before, but this is my first time with temps being too low... im scared of what might happen on one of those REALLLLLLLLLY cold winter nights.... like some negative degree shit....

2. My temps have been pretty low too... I slowed down my exhaust. From high to medium. My temp when back up to the mid 70s. Maybe that will help you. I'm not to sure about the damage it can do tho.

3. 65 is fine, it shouldn't have any negative effects. As long as it doesn't get down to freezing or below 55, you should be ok..

Hope I Helped :)

4. Use a small heater with a temp sensor and make sure it only fires up during the dark cycle (I am assuming the temp is fine when the lamp is on). This way you don't have to worry about shorting out the circuit and u can assure that the room will stay with in the 10-15 degree range when dark. It is also early in the winter, once its gets real cold them temp will really drop in your room if you have good ventilation and it will slow down the bud production, and well...that just sucks.

5. no im talking the temps only 65 with the LIGHTS ON!!!! i keep the lights on during the nighttime, becuse thats when it gets coldest.... it is still somewhat decent during the daytime....

i can't reallly change my exhaust settings, cuz there are just squirrel cage fans with 1 setting... plugged in, hehe.

the temps shouldn't drop too much lower during the lights off period... probaly still around the same 60-65... i was just getting temps in the 75-80 degree range like 2 weeks ago and now i cant seem to acheive that.... my lights are already getting dangerously close to the plant tops, but its too cold to burn them i think.... idk, i'll see what i can do....

if 65 isn't too bad, thats good, but i dont wanna slow bud production.... i just switched to 12/12

6. You'll be fine. Nothing to worry about, especially now that you're going to 12/12. It shouldn't slow growth.

7. My friends and I have various strains going under the same temps you're talking about. We're experiencing much slower growth than our end of summer/fall grow cycle when temps were between 72-78F with the same strains (LR2, EasyRyder, Super Lemon Haze, White Widow) and the same soil, nutes and lights. The buds are significantly smaller.

One friend broke down and bought a 1500w heater but it more than doubled his electric bill. I've got a smaller box and picked up an "air dryer"- it's raised the temps about 2-3 degrees but it only uses 70w so I guess that's not bad for the price. I'm also hoping it'll lower the humidity a little when it rains but I'm not expecting much.

Good luck-- hope you figure something out.

Amazon.com: Davis Instruments Air-Dryr 500 Dryer: Sports & Outdoors

8. ^^ yikes... thats not what i wanted to hear... haha...

ya, i dunno about that 1500w heater... i dont think i have the available amps to acommadate that.... i haven't done all the math but my 3 light systems, 8 fans , timers, and the newly annointed clone bucket... or 4..... haha, with pumps and water heaters....

i think im about pushing my distribuation of juice for my lil house...

i might have to get a small heater but i dont know how i could fit it inside there... maybe maybe maybe, i could get it like 1 ft away from something important... so idk how effective it would be...