Winter grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bdoo, Sep 26, 2007.

1. I was toying with the idea of doing a small SOG grow this winter. I have a 400w MH for which I would get a HPS conversion bulb for flowering. I would have a decent sized cabinet with the standard air flow - exhaust and intake. It would have to be stealth and the only place I could do this is in my garage. Here's the catch. My garage is unheated and I live in Maine - safe to say the garage will get very cold. Is there a way that I could retain enough heat in the cabinet to keep healthy plants? I know the light will give off plenty of heat but what happens when it goes off for the dark cycle? Could I insulate the cabinet with ...lets say...1/4" panel insulation or something similar? Any inpput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Doo

2. I've tried this shit before with disastrous results. Your lights will only be on for 12 hours. Any heat they create will be gone a half hour after they shut off. Here's what I suggest. 1.Run ur lights at night with the ballast IN the room. 2.INSULATE!!! 3.Buy 2 or 3 powerful space heaters from Home Depot or wherever. Make sure the heaters have thermostats so u can rig them to go off if the temperature tops 80 degrees. Good Luck