Winter grow?

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by MrMota, Sep 23, 2021.

1. During winter we'll drop to 9 hours of daylight, so it's obvious plants would go straight to flower. In fact I have grown like that but had little plants with 10g of bud on them.
    I'd like to run a grow of six Satori in 5G felt pots. Plenty of room. But I need to veg.
    I have a 150W Philips sunlamp (very close to actual sunlight in spectrum) and a 150W HPS. My question is, if I run the 300W combination to extend the daylight hours by say 4 hours, will that be enough to properly veg? Or am I going to run into problems?

2. It'll work but you'd want them lit for closer to 18 hours.

14.5 hours is the cusp of flowering so I'd say 15 is the bare minimum you'd want.

3. Oh, right. So at equinox I'll need to run the lamps for 6 hours. I guess the next question is how long can I veg for? Say I planted in mid October. It's going to be three weeks to get small plants. That's Nov 7 already. Then if I want to veg for four weeks that's Dec 7. But it will already be cold... it takes a lot longer in the cold... so let's say 8 weeks veg. That's Jan 7 to turn off the lamps. But that's just past the equinox. Days getting longer. Allow minimum 9 weeks flowering... that's ending flower on March 7. Early spring and the days are lengthening fast! I doubt they would finish before revegging, I'll need to rethink this.
    I've got a good, potent, semi-auto. AK48 x (Black Domina x Oaxaca). About 90% fem and early... and I've got quite a lot of it. Maybe that would be better? I don't want to risk blowing away 6 Satori in reveg.

4. August 1st = Plant seeds / Take clones off vegging summer plants.
    Oct 15th = Harvest. Set out vegging plants, Start more seeds / Clones
    Jan 1st = Same
    March 15th = Same
    June 1st = Same. Don't start new plants till Aug 1st.

4 harvest per year, 10 weeks in flower for each set gets it done no matter the time of year.
    [​IMG]

A couple of low watt CFL or LED is all you need to keep outside vegging plants in an "Awake" state at night.
    I run them 24-0 as it is easy.

Flowering plants about 20 feet away to the left are not bothered by the light scatter.

BNW

5. I think I will keep the Satori for next year's main grow, but for the winter grow I am going to try a for-seed run of one of my varieties, Aurora Indica x Black Domina, both by Nirvana. It's my couch-lock variety.