winter flowers in oregon?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ruffstylez, Dec 23, 2012.

1. So I already miss outdoor growing and I have to much indoor plants. I have been giving away some extra clones of hindu kush to make room for more of the other strains I want to keep and then eventually will be finished outside next sept. I have 37 plants flowering and have no more room until jan 20th when 12 crop out. I was thinking about tossing some mature plants outdoors around feb for spring bud. Would they finish in time or reveg?

2. #2 Sgtstadanko707, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
    [quote name='"ruffstylez"']So I already miss outdoor growing and I have to much indoor plants. I have been giving away some extra clones of hindu kush to make room for more of the other strains I want to keep and then eventually will be finished outside next sept. I have 37 plants flowering and have no more room until jan 20th when 12 crop out. I was thinking about tossing some mature plants outdoors around feb for spring bud. Would they finish in time or reveg?[/quote]

Yeah it will work. I do it in NorCal with out a prob. Do u have a green house or are you going to move them in and out. I moved mine in n out but this year I made a dyi green house.
    Forgot to mention the buds don't come up the densest but the quality is still good. As long as u your plants are big enough you should get a pretty good crop.

3. Was going to buy the portable green house and set it up in my grow area. Then pop em in the ground. I can fit 4 to 8 in it depending on the size when I put em in. Then ill just need a way to keep it heated. Going to use an organic mix high in p like bat guano and such and then the rain should go under the mini green house so I won't really need to water em. That is the plan in my head. Will that be enough light? And if I keep it closed it shouldn't get to cold in there?

4. Also what's the best way to get the best out of my crop veg wise? I got around 2 months before I'll move em out. Should I put em in like 10 gallon buckets indoors to get em pretty big? Or will it not matter if they were in 5s or 10s they will veg to pretty similar sizes? And is a heater going to be a must? Temps should be around 50s and lows mid 40s during that year. I mean if it does get to around freezing I could bring something out but do you think id need to keep it heated all times?

5. [quote name='"ruffstylez"']Also what's the best way to get the best out of my crop veg wise? I got around 2 months before I'll move em out. Should I put em in like 10 gallon buckets indoors to get em pretty big? Or will it not matter if they were in 5s or 10s they will veg to pretty similar sizes? And is a heater going to be a must? Temps should be around 50s and lows mid 40s during that year. I mean if it does get to around freezing I could bring something out but do you think id need to keep it heated all times?[/quote]

I use 5 gallon buckets so if it gets to cold I can bring them in. But that is If there is heavy frost. I Usually put them out in about a month. Mine have been vegging for a few months. They were all clones from my summer crop.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bringin em in won't be an option. Its guna be in my outdoor spots 80 miles from home. I would like to put them right into ground. Just need to figure how to keep green house warm

7. [quote name='"ruffstylez"']Bringin em in won't be an option. Its guna be in my outdoor spots 80 miles from home. I would like to put them right into ground. Just need to figure how to keep green house warm[/quote]

Ohh. That will be tuff. Mine Is all done in my back yard. Not really sure how to keep that warm.

8. I mean it doesn't get to cold. Nights in the 40s. Days in the mid upper 50s. If its sealed closed it should stay a little warmer in there. I mean its weed it should be able to handle some cooler nights right? My summer crop survived 3 weeks straight worth of nights between 33 and 40 before I chopped em on halloween. And being in ground should help a lil more then buckets for warmth?

9. A small heater will get the job done on super cold nights. But you should be fine. Just make sure you don't let em freeze.

10. [quote name='"theiceman447"']A small heater will get the job done on super cold nights. But you should be fine. Just make sure you don't let em freeze.[/quote]

He is 80 mi from his house. How would he do that. And for freezing some strains take it better than others. Op you said lows of 33. I think with the green house it could handle the colder temps fine.

11. Whoa, I missed that. But a good car battery and power inverter only if its gonna freeze. The greenhouse should, like norcali said, should keep temps up anyway.

12. Good to know. My buddys dad is pretty good eletronicly I'm sure he could rig something together. What's the coldest outside temps that I should be worried about for mature plants inside the mini grow house? Id imagine something in the 20s before id need to heat it? If I had to I could go camp out that way. I was thinkin a mini heater if I could keep it on a timer and if it could last long enuff that'd id only need to go a couple times a week. Don't need it runnin 247 but mayb 20 mins every few hrs durin the night.

13. Prolly round 28 degreese to have your greenhouse get to 32. I hear mulch around the bottom also helps but I think it might harbour bugs.