Winged root aphids! How to get rid of them ??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growmama, Aug 10, 2017.

1. So I apparently have a pretty bad infestation of winged root aphids. These things are literally impossible to get rid of !! I have thrown away pots and started over. Fogged out my room and used spider mite spray. NOTHING WORKS!!! Help!!!!!

Please tell me how tog ft rid of these things. They are crawling all over the place. And then get wings and die all over my buds. It's horrible !!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Are you positive in your ID? are you sure they aren't fungus gnats?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yep. I've had fungus gnats before. I used the same method to get rid of the gnats and it didn't even touch these aphids. They are crawling all over the floor and up the walls. It's insane. I wipe the walls and floors down everyday with Clorox wipes and try to maintain a clean room but it's getting out of hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Have you tried diatomaceous earth? It's great for all kinds of bugs and especially the ones that are so small and difficult to get rid of. If you do decide to use it be careful not to inhale it and use food grade. It's been recommended for bed bugs for the very reason that they are so difficult to get rid of.