Winehouse along with DJ Short Blueberry and G13 Blue Venom

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BUDACIOUS, Sep 6, 2011.

1. #1 BUDACIOUS, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    Sup guys........starting a second journal for everything thats not a white widow in the garden. So Ive got 5 DJ Short Blueberries, that sprung up from non-fem seeds on 7/15. Only 5 of the 10 seeds I paid for opened (BS!). The G13 BV seeds I got from the same Attitude order I got the DJ Shorts, and all of those germed.. The winehouse is a clone (i was told), from somewhere in LA. It was destined for a grower down south, but somehow fell off the truck and hitch hiked its way to Norcal, where I paid way to much for it :(
    ...Anyway, anyone know about the strain??? where its from (as in what its parents are etc? I would say based on leaves its at least 50/50). The plant stems, including stems on the leaves, are all very green, vs most plants Ive seen grown have some red to them, the only other color on the stem is the result of supercroping and scaring. Like the widow has a little red on some stems, the BV has a lot of redish stems, and while the BB has dark purple stems and viens...Anyway here's a pic or two of Ms Winehouse......and in the words of a long eared alien...may she live long and prosper....

Attached Files:

2. #2 BUDACIOUS, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    updates from beyond.....Pics 1, 2 and 3 are of Blueberry Fem(?) plant a, pics 4 and 5 are of blueberry plant b, and the last pic is of Winehouse plant a which went to the bloom room a few days ago.......I wish I had noted the height before I sent it to bloom, but it looks like its grown abit from the previous pic...

Attached Files:

3. Updated pink of Winehouse #1 (i bought 4 total, the other 3 are still vegging). Had to tie this girl down to get the lower branches going...She's coming along pretty well I think. She's looking more like a hybrid all the time based on how she's growing...

Attached Files:

4. Todays pics, the first is of a DJ Short BB, vegged for a bit longer than normal to get a thick stem on her (second pic is stem, duh!lol), then a couple of the winehouse starting to bud-up...

Raiders win! yeah baby!

Attached Files:

5. Cut down some blue venom today, somehow it seems heavy, but 1st pass on buds net'd 594g wet of tops,removed all stems, leaves and a minor manicure done b4 using the scale...Im going to let the rest go a few days more.. getting the buds off and removed from stems early seems to help reduce bud rot for me..

One of the DJ shorts is male, im going to use it for a seed run, i heard flavor comes from the male? anyone know???...

6. Hey dude,

Glad to see you're trying out some Dj short blueberry, did you order it from the tude? the seeds are kind of expensive and I've always shied away from it but find that it should be an exquisite strain...

I've heard mixed reviews.

It sucks you got a male, and I'm not sure at all what you mean about the fact taht hte flavor is supposed to come from the male..?? You could pollinate some bud sites and get seeds though yeah that sounds like a decent plan.

Nice LST'ing there she's gonna get real bushy.

Take care man

RC

7. Thanks RC, Ive been really wanting to try some, but yeah the cost is a bitch. From Attitude, yes, the first package I got was really iffy and only 5 of 10 seeds sprung (the 5 that didnt were light in color and looked like theyd never pop), which really sucks. I ordered another 10, and these all look nice and are soaking now. Funny both packages had 2000 written on them, I hope that doesnt mean the year they came from!lol.... In regards to the "flavor comes from the male", thats from something that came from DJ short himself in an article, something about breeding,and how after polination the resulting children have the flavor of daddy (who of course is male)...
    so Im definately doing a seed run with it, going to hit the blueberry female, the winehouse and a white widow with a bit of blueberry nut power on a few select sites....

Attached Files:

8. Ive got to say Im totally disappointed with the DJ Shorts blueberry.....The last batch of seeds I got from attitude, did not GERM a single seed...Since the package had "2000" hand written on it, should I be surprised?? !@#$% From the last package I got in July, 5 germed, 4 are fem. I vegged them all until a few weeks ago, then put them into bloom. The females were 2 distinct types, two squaty girls and two streachy ones. Neither are producing any significant bud, compared to the white widow that I put into bloom at the same time, the blueberries have about 1/3 the bud of the widow, sorry to rant, but the blueberry is a slow growing, crappy producing plant. In contrast, I moved some 18" LSD's into bloom, they shot up! and I mean shot up, 18" to 5 feet and tons of bud sites. So much so, I super croped them at 24" and bent the remaining 3 feet over verticaly to create a hedge of buds...The winehouse looks to be producing lots of rock hard nuggets, and it has a bluish color now as temps are droping....

9. That really sucks dude... I guess DJ Short isn't very "in the game" if you know what I mean, other companies just seem to be really implicated in the community (Greenhouse seeds as an example even though I dislike them).

Let us know what happens to them and hope your winehouse does well!

RC

10. #10 BUDACIOUS, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
    Thanks RC, I wish I knew if the problem was just bad seeds, old ass seeds or its that the strain is somewhat "limited" in the eyes of the medical grower...

As far as the winehouse, tell me what you think....here are some pics of the first one that went into bloom. Now she's at week 7, and looking very "cloudy" as far as trics go...The nugs are very hard, almost as rock like as the widow I grow, but for sure different as in structure because I have some growing near it and its easy to tell the difference, the bud tips grow different........

Check out that last pic....is that bud covered in trics or what?

Attached Files:

11. Well I got a bit anxious waiting to try the wine, so I snipped off a bud for a little taste. I cant really say what it tasted like, but its seriously stoney, even which the trics sitting at amber....

12. just pulled the winehouse at the end of week 9, no clear trics, either all cloudly or amber....

13. a bit light on the yield, looking like 2oz:(