Wine cooler fridge for drying

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by kush70, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Anyone used a wine cooler fridge to dry ?
    And if so how did it work?
    Thanks in advance

2. Small closet, humidifier, and hygrometer is all you need

3. All you need is a cardboard box man.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 BrassNwood, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    Slow dry for 7 to 10 days to 65%
    Below 55% all biological activity stops and no cure can happen so take care not to over dry.
    Dry to fast it stinks like mowed lawn clipping. Dry to deep and it'll never cure and smoke like swallowing a flaming sword.
    What Factors a Cause an "Earth" Smell

[​IMG]

Out during the day.

[​IMG]

Stacked in a closed container at night. My humidity is very low and an uncontrolled dry can ruin my hanging plants in just hours when it hits 8%. Hanging plants get to dry in a few hours in that kind of humidity.

This can all be done by feels for the most part. Just harvested Cannabis goes dead limp like a wet dish rag a few hours after trimming. When the small buds start to firm back up it all comes down and gets trimmed into thumb sized nugs. Leave bags out until this start feeling firm again.

Closed up overnight they will go dishrag limp again. Repeat as needed with less time exposed as the days pass. That 8th day it may only need an hour to finish up.

Packed in 1/2 gallon Mason jars with a 60 gram size (Big one) at 62% humidity for 60 days puts a very respectable cure on it. Since it was perfectly dried to the correct humidity it needs none of the burp the jar game so many play.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. As long as you could add humidity I dont see why not. Instead of putting a air conditioner in the dry room, you'll just put the dry room in a air conditioner. I'd put a hygrometer in the cooler for a day or several getting several readings through out the day less and less as the days go on to see if it can keep and maintain. If you run a cord for humidifier run a cord for a ink bird as well. Unless your humidifier is automated

6. #6 kush70, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    I'm in extreme west Colorado and totally get dry lol
    looking at putting them in my 2x4 tent that will have had some adjustment and additions for drying...the wine fridge would have to be pretty big to accommodate everything..
    It's going to be a helluva lot easier to control everything i need to... Plan for 6 days hang at 60-65 % then to the jar... What I don't set aside for hash and oil , edibles and the like..
    Yea I definitely don't want to smoke anything flaming or hay....lol ..
    These are one plant.. too damn purdy to cross the finish line and throw em in the mud...
    1649288378660.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Yeah drying in the tent is the best. One very small fan on the floor and unzip the top of a door. Check on it every 12-24 hours. Humidity to high, unzip more. To low, zip it back up some.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Drying Cannabis is like cooking a steak. You only get one chance to hit medium rare. No do overs. Cannabis has one advantage in that you can drag the dry out to 10 days or longer with no real change. If in doubt put them back under cover for an extra night and see what your gauge reads the next day.

Slow dry really does make all the difference for us low humidity zone growers. I ruined more great smelling buds then I care to remember before I understood what was trashing my buds. Simply drying way to fast and to deep.
    You want to wind up at 65% at the end of 7 to 10 days.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. I hang in the closet with a fan blowing on low

10. As bnw says its a science. I have tested wood closet, cardboard boxes and drying rack lines. I have not used any gauges. I dry them extra long so I need practice on the curing at right humidity part, as i have bagged something too early before and dont want to repeat that mistake

11. Science is all about data. No gauges, no data.

These are my favorite. You can monitor your grow/drying from the moon if you need to.

Wifi temp humidity sensor GOVEE.JPG

• Informative Informative x 1