Windowsill Grow: Where to go from here?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kenny Boss, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Greetings, friends.

Recently, a buddy of mine told me that he found some seeds in a bag of weed. He placed the seeds between wet paper towels and germinated around 20 of them. Ten of them dried out after developing a meristem, and five of the remaining ten, once planted, only grew to a few centimeters tall over the course of two or three weeks, and were thrown away. 

At that point, he had five small plants growing, which he had planted in reused potting soil from his garden, as well as tinfoil and water bottle pots.

When they got a bit bigger, he transplanted one of them to a terracotta pot and the other four to peatpots, and filled them with fresh miraclegrow. He said that they've been growing for just over three weeks.

He also sent me this picture and asked me what he should do next.
    Any suggestions?
    Where should he go from here?

14.jpg

My Buddy's Observations
    Plants: 5
    Lifespan: 3 Weeks
    Lighting: A few hours a day, sitting on a windowsill.
    Grow Medium: Miraclegrow potting soil 

2. invest in proper lighting or your friend is just wasting their time.

3. I agree. Tell your "buddy" that he definitely needs to set up a lighting rig and start really growing. Might as well do it right if you're doing it anyway. Cheap CFLs work from Walmart for starters. Then continue researching. Happy growing and good luck to you and your buddy

4. #4 Doc-J, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    You need more light. Window sill grows are almost always a failure, thus the reason your three week old plants are so small.

Peat pots and miracle grow wont help matters either.