Windowsil grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ziggyzao, Aug 23, 2016.

1. I started growing in march using a pot that was originally meant to hold a lilly plant. I uprooted the lilly and planted 4 seeds. I did not germinate I simply planted. They have sprouted. I set the pot on my rear windowsil which is left wide open 24/7 for circulation. And receives full natural sunlight all day. I have added photos it seems like it may have started flowering. This is my first grow. I only used the soil that was included and miracle grow sticks during vegetative state. Any ideas to ensure my plant grows real buds and not those rolled up leaves buds.also I'm pretty sure it's female. It's bagseed but somewhere I read about preflowering it has female strings instead of male balls. 20160822_214355.jpg 20160822_214337.jpg 20160811_074416.jpg 20160730_180021.jpg 20160607_163515.jpg

2. First pic looks male, and you are only going to get what you put into the plant. Lazily placing it in a window will not be to productive. You need to get it out of the window. Your back yard looks to be secluded plant it in the soil full sun. If you must stay in the window consider bigger pots

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Bad picture of the lighting it been rainy here the last few weeks. Can you recommend some good soil I can purchase at walmart or something. And I'd rather not plant it due to animals. How can u tell it's male. It seems to have female parts I could be wrong and if it's male will it yield buds or only seeds

4. Your plant, if it's been growing since March, is most definitely ready for a repot into a larger container. I wouldn't suggest going for Wal Mart soil. Go to a local nursery and buy a bag of what they KNOW to be good general overall potting mix and then amend the soil with about 40% perlite to 60% soil. The soil, as all do, will have nutes in it so stay away from additional chemicals unless you want to burn your plant. Go up in size a bit with container you go into, but don't go from small to something huge. Keep container sizes relative to plant size for best and fastest growth. Go to beginner growers thread at the bottom of "forums" page and read till your eyes pop out. To grow out a nice plant and get it to produce anything, you desperately need to read up on how to tend these plants during the different cycles in it's life. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Where can I get proper soil. Home Depot or lowes? I wouldn't know where else to look. And what ingredients should I look for. Is the stage I am looking at "flowering" or still veggie. I noticed alot of people who have homegrown pot locally it is not a bud like texture it's loose wrapped leaves. I know about trimming but nowhere in their batches I see a normal solid bud. I desperately do not want that to happen to my batch

6. So it turns out my large plant was a male. I removed the entire plant. I still have 2 small plants thriving. They lack in height. White pistols showing which to me indicates preflowering. I remove it from my windowsil every night around 8pm and place underneath a table in a dark room with the windows open. Water it every 3 to 4 days. Since I removed the large plant I think this pot should be ok. I also dropped a new seed in just out the bag 5 days ago

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. My tip is one plant per pot.

8. Since I think they are in a flowering state is it wise to switch them into 2 or 3 different pots now. Would that harm my results?

9. Take a look at the link I posted. Do some research for yourself.

Their roots are probably all tangled together. So you may not be able to transplant without doing damage.
    Plus that pot looks tiny.

10. I grew around 5 plants a couple years ago, I just started growing again, and all of the plants I ever harvested never had any problems and the yields were great.

I used cfl's for lighting the whole grow and miracle gro soil.
    If I was you I would forget about all these recipes and shit like that. Go to the dollar store and pick up a bag of soil that everybody thinks is the last kind of soil you can use.

• Like Like x 1
  11. First of all you want to veg your plants for about 30 days in something like a beer cup. Then after 30 days the veg stage will be over, some ppl let it grow for more than 30 days because the yield will be bigger.

The veg stage you will leave the lights on for 18 hours a day and 6 hours of dark. I can make this reply really long because it seems you need a lot of help. I'll message you and we can talk privately so we don't fill up this thread.

Go out and buy some cfl lights and forget about the window growing because it's ridiculous, I'm not saying that in a bad way but if you want to grow good marijuana you need a good environment.

12. I now have the plants at harvest I believe it is time to cut I just wanted any last minute thoughts

Attached Files: