Windows 7 for $30

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by LennonIsYourGod, Sep 29, 2009.

1. #1 LennonIsYourGod, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
    if you are a college student you can pre-order windows 7 for just 30 bucks at this site its a pretty good deal and you can get a backup CD for 13 bucks. You just need to verify that u are a student with your school e-mail.

edit: srry i had the link wrong at first.

2. super cool virus bro

3. #3 LennonIsYourGod, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
    its not a virus,bro, its backed by microsoft. My instructor told me about not even 3 hrs ago. I ordered it, gotta be a student tho.

4. It sure is real, and you can choose between Home Premium and even Pro for the $30.

I've already ordered myself a copy of Pro, I usually get my software through "other methods" but when its this cheap I'll throw down for a genuine copy.

[​IMG]
    http://i35.tinypic.com/4qoa3r.png

5. Thats awesome, thanks for the info. Looks like it'll actually be worth getting a legit copy, instead of the hacked beta build I've got now.

6. Yeah, I ordered mine too like last week.

Sucks having to wait so long for it though

7. yea it does, but you can download it which means you could have it by midnight of the 22nd instead of a few days after, not much of a diff but still cool, i like how cheap you could get the dvd with it too.

8. lol, cracked versions of any os usually suck. And i also used to say i would stay with 98 when 200 and xp came out. You do realize about a year after this comes out you will have to upgrade past xp, as for linux... alright yea it kicks windows' ass.

9. Hmmm, If I just straight up install windows 7 over vista, it should transfer over everything i've downloaded, right?

I can't remember how that works. I'll probably just end up dual booting it

10. Cracked OS most certainly do not suck! I've almost exclusively used cracked copies of windows for a few years now. As long as you don't get some fucked up copy. As far as true free OS's go... Slackware 13 baby! Its the shit.

11. I used a legit beta copy of Windows 7 and used it to upgrade my illigetimate copy of Vista. So far I've had very few problems with 7, Microsoft seems to have done something right...

12. Isn't Windows 7, just Vista with a new name, and a few patches/fixes?

I don't see what everyone's getting so worked up about.

Vista blows.

XP all the way!

...And whoever said you're going to eventually HAVE to upgrade... Not true... There are still systems running DOS, lol (though granted, not many).

13. I find it funny how you say Vista blows XP rules..

Dude win7 is BETTER than Vista and XP combined... thus making it better than Vista and better than XP....

Win7 is vista with a couple new concepts, but faster and better running than XP.. WIN WIN WIN Situation!!

14. the only people that still use dos use it for nostalgia,i used to have a dos comp for old pc games (secret of monkey island mostly) and xp just wont be practical in a year or two, u wont be able to get most new software, also vista was made to get cash before they could release 7, they were working on it at the same time and just finished, thats why it looks so similar.

15. That's not 100% accurate. I have a PC running in dos that runs some switching of inputs for me. There are still plenty of business / enterprise applications for it.

16. Neg. 7 is what Vista was meant to be and what XP thrives to be.

17. best way to put it.

I didnt realize dos was still used in business , it makes sense though.

18. #19 IGotTheCottons, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2009
    Please... Vista was a more epic fail than ME...

XP > Vista, IMO. More user friendly. More stable, too.

If 7 is anything like Vista, it also fails... Unless there are some MAJOR changes.

19. Wow, this turned into a "which OS is best?" thread pretty quickly.

Saying OS "M" is better than OS "J" is just dumb.
    Each one has its upsides and downsides, and even though some are generally better than others, it's all about what YOU want your OS to do.

Computers and cars sell in much the same way. Most people who go out to buy one want something that is secure, reliable, easy to use, and last but surely not least- shiny (I'm looking at you mac users :p)

If windows 7 can accomplish all of those, then it will probably be a success for microsoft.