Window seel growing? help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dylanninja13, Jul 3, 2012.

1. i just planted a germinated seed in a cup and set it on my window,:D

im just wondering when i should water the seedling and how much to water it,

how long it usually takes to sprout?.

what is the least amount of sunlight exposiour does it take for it to grow,

if u have helpfull tips please leave them :confused:

2. :wave: Windowsill growing is not worth it IMO, the glass takes out lots of the light and UV that the plant needs. Better to grow on the other side of the glass outside or grow indoors under lights.

I grew a dwarf auto on my window and got less that a quarter when it had finished, MJ wont produce much bud as a house plant :smoke:

3. [quote name='"Wizball"']:wave: Windowsill growing is not worth it IMO, the glass takes out lots of the light and UV that the plant needs. Better to grow on the other side of the glass outside or grow indoors under lights.

I grew a dwarf auto on my window and got less that a quarter when it had finished, MJ wont produce much bud as a house plant :smoke:[/quote]

Very true wiz all, although I have a friend who has some very old windows with out UV protection and he grew out 2 autos next to his sliding patio doors in his lounge and achieved excellent results...

But yeah in generally speaking windowsill grows are pointless!

4. maybe just an oz or two of water every other day?

and your going to want it to get around 18 hours of light and 6 hours of dark..
    so your better off getting some cfl lights rather than the window idea.. unless you have some really old windows like stated..

one plant would be fine on two 50w cfl lights, go with daylight 6500k.

if im wrong, than someone correct me.

5. thanks for the replies, but the window is the only option i have untill i can figure out where to get some lights , but i think my parents might discover an inside grow room .

im not hoping for much of aplant, i jus want something to toke up some is better than none

6. you could do a little grow box.. can even use a PC tower and hollow it out, theres always a way. lol

7. check out the micro grows thread

8. so two of my plants have sprouted, how often and how much do i water them?

9. What do you have them in? A small pot or large?

I'd say just like a shot glass each should be fine. For like a day or two. Then depending on how dry it feels to keep an idea.
    you want to stick your finger in up to the first knuckle above your finger nail. And if its still dry that far down then its time to water. If its damp then wait a day.

10. also what is the cheapest type of light i can buy for a single plant and could i jus pick it up at a local store? if so wich stores sell these type of lights

11. You would be better off finding a safe location outdoors and growing there. Got some woods nearby?

12. No not grow weed in your parents house without their knowledge and consent, period. Show some respect for the people that work hard to raise you, put food on the table, and a roof over your head.

13. Rule of thumb 100w per plant minimum.
    cfl will be your cheapest bet.
    (Compact florescent light)
    Average energy saving bulb
    6500k is best for growing (veg)
    2700k-soft white- is best for flowering (budding)

Anything in between 2700k & 6500k won't help u much..
    And the more lights the better.
    There is not much you can do to Over kill with light. It's heat that will do that..
    Cfls you can keep as close as 1-2 inches from the plant and it do fine.

Just do some thread reading.
    micro grows. Lighting. LST (can be a good friend if in small space)
    It stands for Light Stress Training. Basically a weed plant bonsai tree.. lol
    I've seen a few computer boxes pull close to an Oz or more.
    that's just what I've seen.

There's tons on info on this site.. you can search it all.
    without these ^ Nazzis porking your bunghole. Lol
    Jk jk y'all..
    its bad to grow where not aloud .. tisk tisk...
    Its also bad to go out and buy it..
    Growing is safer than riding with stank in your pocket. Just #1 rule. Keep your trap shut. And nobody will know.. lol so u hope..
    I was just answering some questions. Don't judge me.. like i care if u do..

Be safe. Be smart. And may the force be with you.
    (Not the blues tho..)

PS. Tell your parents.
    lol

14. outdoor growing was my first thought too and would be perfect because i live on a ranch/farm . i will grow outside next year but it is too late in the season where i live , right now i just want to start my plants off untill i get some lights and a grow box

15. sounds good bro!

i have a mini grow going right now im playing with.. its just bag seed from some dank called grape ape. i have a journal going if you want to look at it.. its nothing major.. its just some fun till i get my setup going better..

there are some links u can check out for box ideas, and some pretty helpful people there if you need any help in your grow..

just an idea..

the place i bought my box from is pretty sweet. they have all sizes avalible, from pc size to what i got, a giant trunk..

just starter boxes you can use and mod out to what you need..

right now all i have in mine is a 120w cfl light and a fan i got from CVS for $12.
    and my plant seems to dig it..

im going to be getting an LED grow light soon, and that will make it 10x better in there..
    and save tons of $$ on power and cooling..

(to those who say fuck LED, i have seen quiet a few awesome grows and awesome yields from LED if you have the right one.. you just cant get the shit system and hope for the best..) it has to be the right wavelinks and all, and its not hard to find a good model..
    im going with the AdvancedLED lights 100w Diamond series. iver heard great things about that light, and i believe it will do a great job, so to yall that hate LED, this post is not to you... do some searching and you will be happy..

im only doing one plant now and that light will be perfect for one from veg-flower.

hate if u must. but i have seen the proof i need..
    lol

just some ideas to yah bro

16. Not cool, its shit like this that helps give growers a bad name.

17. I agree with shova and wizzball it shows total disrespect for the people it's being hidden from. ie your parents. They pay the bills so have the right to know what they are paying for. An the reason they don't know is because you know they would not approve of your little weed op.

18. i didnt ask for judgement on my decisions but thanks

19. go to ricky lake or moury povich.
    that is none of your biz what is going on.

let the kid do what is going to be done. are y'all his parents?
    chill out people. its not your problem. don't agree with what is going on? who asked you?...

20. 5$ on kid kills his plants before his parents find it. The saddest part of this thread isn't the disrespect for your parents, but your lack of knowledge and lack of drive to seek it yourself