Window Growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mattwood1011, Mar 10, 2009.

1. im an inside grower, but want to grow outdoor as well, but cant due to location... can i grow in my windowonly using the sun? and will it work well or no? i get about 4-6 hours of direct light and 4-5 of sun coming in but not direct.. i know SOMBODY has done it on here... let me know

btw the only reason im doing it is because i have extra seeds that wont fit in my veg or flowering room and want to use them...

more bud the better :D

2. Yo dude, Ive done it in the past. They are kind of MJ house plants, they don't need much nutes because they grow so slow. Its a great way for slow vegging if you can do it, my girls took forever but got a nice size while waiting for space in my grow room. I had them there for 3-4 months with no flowering, I bet it would suck if you didn't have lights to flower her after all that!

Good luck

3. if i needed too would she flower in my window? because shes going to be vegging for a long time..

4. I don't know dude, I wouldn't have thought so. Don't think it would have done it where I am and I think it would have taken to long but maybe somewhere hotter.

5. ehhh, may i ask where you are... you dont have to awnser :eek:

im in cali so i think it might work, i plan on flowering inside though, but just incase like you said, i didnt have room id need a pack up plan

6. UK dude, I once did an outdoor grow here and it sucked. I ended up bringing some in and flowering them under my MH which was used to veg them! I see no reason why it wont work for you if you have a south facing window. Try a search as I saw a post on here about this the other day.

Good luck dude, wish I was in Cali

7. it is a window facing south :D

i do want to flower under lights, or do an experement and do a window grow
    from seed to weed in a 15 gal bucket, should be intresting :cool:

maybe you could come check my journal when i start it :D

8. I will be sure to check it out dude, as I say I got some real nice veggys even in this cold, rainy dump.

I think Cheese came from these parts but I don't think it was grown on a window, good luck dude

9. no the cheese im growing is indoors not window

thanks bro

10. I'de watch out with a window grow man, somebody might see it and try and steal it. I would say someone might call the cops on you but your in cali. I have a seedling in my window but im taking it out of the window once it's got its 2nd or 3rd set of leaves and transplanting it outside in the woods.

11. nobodys going to steal it, it would be literally impossible unless they broke in my house... which isnt going to happen considering they cant leave the house with it, im in SF...

also i see plants in ppls windows all the time..

12. get a lamp, put a high wattage CFL in it, and keep that on during a regular schedule next to the window. The sunlight will make up for the lack of proper lighting, and has lots of other benefits. Open the window for a free ventilation system, and to allow more light to get in.

13. no, no more lights... i use a MH for veg and HPS for flower, ive set up a clone room with CFL's cant put anymore lights...

im going to make the sun do the work, with a little LST, topping and fimming to stop stretching, come october, ill have a fat bush, hopfully will yield a qp (4ounces) of just shitty buds (mids) not shwagg (sp?) i live in cali ive never seen schag but what people call "mids" on here is what im aiming for

do you think its obtainable?

14. if i needed too would she flower in my window? because shes going to be vegging for a long time..[/quote]

I doubt you would want it to even flower in the window, it would be a waste of a good seed. I would say veg it then throw it in the room when you flip.

15. #15 mattwood1011, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009

hmm, thats pretty smart except for the fact that it will take up my whole flowring room, im just going to try and do it in my window and fail miserably but have fun

wouldnt it just produce like mids?

16. if u dry and cure it properly, and harvest at the right time, it can be great weed. you just wont have a lot of it.

17. yeah i know

quailty>quanity

EXCEPT in this situation, i thought growing in my window would give me MORE, because it would be vegging for so long... :confused:

18. but the flowering season only lasts a short period of time. So you wanrt the most light on the plants as possible during the 12 hour light cycle. bud growth correllates to the amount of sunlight(more photosynthesis = more energy = more effort towards making bud) if u dont have anymore lights why dont u just grow it outside

19. im going to just grow outdoors now thanks :)

20. ok, but you might want to buy something to keep the bugs away.