wilting?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by greenmeany, Jul 18, 2008.

1. hey all. i gut very large plants in 20 gallon rubbermaids and they are wilting right now. my guess is lack of water because the rain has not gotten into the buckets to provide enough moisture. i fed today about a gallon a piece. do you think they will survive? there was green on the tops but the bottom branches looked a bit yellow and droopy. only one was actually like this. but the others were droopy looking as well though. well, what do you think? after a good water will they recover? and how often should i be watering and how much? thanks gc

2. Hey -

They will be fine.... The water will bring them back to health!

A question for you -- You are grwoing in 20 gallon containers but --- How big are your plants??? When a plant hits about 4 feet tall with bush like size it will use about a gallon of water a day if it is getting the right amount of sun!! How much rain do you get in your area?? You might have to water more often!

Kisses -
    Hott = ;)

3. You did drill at least a dozen 1/2" to 3/4" holes in the bottom of your rubbermaid tub didn't you? If you didn't it's holding water in the bottom. Surely you did.. How bad are the bottom leaves yellowing? Some yellowing of a few leaves is normal as the plant gets older. Do the leaves that are turning yellow seem to be getting higher up the plant? If you don't have any holes or enough of them in the bottom your tub is holding water which is really bad. Plants will get root rot and they'll die.

4. well , they survived! went down there tonight and found they popped back up and should be good in the morning. hottbody, my plants are on average 7 feet tall. i have a 9 ft sativa (purple power) and a few smaller ones that are 7-8ft, stems are also very thick. 4 of them in 5 gallon buckets that are about 3 feet tall and a 3 footer in a 20 gallon tub. we dont get alot of rain here although it has been wet here lately. just enough water to wet everything down. getting isolated thundershowers off and on. probably close to what you get considering im in MA and your in Maine. i new i had to change my ways when i seen this pitiful sight today. it has been hot here lately though so i guess that could have been the cause. i have been just letting them go hoping the rain would take care of things for me but i didnt know they could drink a gallon a day! thats alot. im thinking about feeding 1-2 gallons of fishemulsion/water each week and up it a bit more during flowering with a different fert. do you think this will be enough? i mean going there every day and feeding it a gallon is incredibly inconveneint considering there isnt just one. and i also dont have a dozen holes in the bottom. i have a few small holes but i didnt think i would need many because i rarely ever water them, the roots would be all over the place, not giving a chance for water to collect anywhere and thus sucking it up to nourish the massive tree that stands above. i dunno, i guess it wouldnt be too much of a problem to drill a few holes in the sides but i dont think it would help too much. these puppies could probably drink more than an irishman! so i dont really worry about root rot too much. thanks for the input guys!

5. and btw, is that really you in that avatar? i mean i know it says sexy grow girl but damn! haha

6. She may be blonde, but isn´t that dumb.

But I agree about water - my girls take 6 litres a day each, and if I don´t water them every 24, they are wilting by 36.

7. your right cantharis, im sure shes not dumb to fall for any tricks haha. yeah how big are your pots though? if you gut 20 gallon ones maybe the plants could prolly go a bit longer without water. and you also live in spain. it must get really hot over there huh. here in new england it usually stays cool so i think ill try to get there as much as possible but try not to make it too much.

8. and also, anyone here gut plants in the ground? if so how much do you water. i gut a bunch in the ground as well but the area they are in is a little depression that can hold water in the soil if it gets too hot out. i went back there about a month ago and everything was doing great. hardly anywatering accept one time with fishemulsion/water. i figured the roots would search for it themselves so i wouldnt need to go there to often and make a path. what do you guys think? btw its a different plot im talkin about now.

9. and btw cantharis, as i post this im using your recipe for organic insect repellent! very good post :hello:

10. Hey Cantharis -

Thanks much for the kind words.... You made me smile! :D I have now been growing for several years (8) and still learn more & more all the time. I have learned lots from this forum over the years.... So I try to give a bit of it back!

Kisses -
    Allie

11. My girls already go into 50 litre tubs, that´s about 11 robust UK gallons or 13 puny US gallons. I don´t think my poor old back could manage much bigger- main problem is getting rid of the huge rootball after harvest!!

Good luck with the insect repellant - hope it works for you greenmeany.

Hottbody, good luck with your harvest this year - I know you get pretty big yields.

12. yeah me and my buddy cant even lift the tubs. well, we can but its absolutely back breaking to walk with them for any more than 30 feet. so, we just ended up leaving the tubs in the place we wanted them, then just carried 2 40 lb bags of potting soil each and got one tub done in one run ( 4 bags/tub to fill). i dont think i could do half that by myself. pat yourself on the back for doing 13 gallons by yourself :hello: