wilting/yellowing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by realjrob24, Mar 12, 2011.

1. i left my plants with a friend for a few days and now he tells me that some leaves are turning yellow and one of them is starting to wilt. i assumed we had the yellowing from a lack of nitrogen so i told him to add more to the nutes. he did so and then today he tells me that one is starting to wilt. assumed that was from lack of water? is there anything else it could be? i know pics would help but i am not with the plants so i cant post now.

2. sounds like the ph was out of wack... and you asked him to nuke your plant with more nutes...

yes a pic would help.. as well as every other piece of info you can give... otherwise its just guesswork

3. yeah i figured that much (about the nutes) so should i just flush them out with plain water for a while? and how long do u think i would be looking at for recovery? i kno its hard to say without pics but the yellowing is just on the lower leafs and not even a whole leaf, yet at least.

4. anyone know which between Nitrogen toxic/deficient will kill a plant faster. he says some are dying. i assume its very toxic. to flush do i just use some plain water?

5. Plain water for flushes. You might wanna pH the water if it's tap water. Also, you want it to sit out 24 hours to let the chlorine settle out of the water.

6. ok i finally got home so now i have more details. i compared it to pics online and it looks like all but one have a lack of nitrogen. one appears to have been toxic. i have been using General Hydroponics nutes. they contain between %.05 and %4 nitrogen. it says to use them with every watering also so i dont think i over did it. i think i just lacked some nitrogen and maybe some other elements. i also looked into root lock and i dont think that is it. any advice would be very helpful. i am struggling here!i should have pics up pretty soon like in a matter of mins.