Wilting plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Coolchicknic, Jun 21, 2019.

1. I've been told its overwatering, underwatering, and transplant shock. What do you all think and what should be done? These seedlings were thought to be older but weren't and were transplanted to bigger pots. We have a 150w red/blue spectrum light on them now but we transplanted 3 days ago and at first it was just 1 but now 3 plants are wilting/drooping.

Attached Files:

2. Are u feeding nutes yet,,is soil wet or moist if u stick ur tip of finger in? Id say for sure its shock,,,what soil is that are those autos or photo period? And 150w wont be enough cause that 150 prolly aint 150 "true" watts

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

3. How long do you go between watering? Looks like you may need to let the soil dry out a little bit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thats what i was tryin to see,,couldnt really tell if it was wet or just dark healthy rich soil

5. I repotted some real young seedlings last week had the same thing happen when I reported into new soil and they wilted and died only have my two original seedlings that I didn’t repot which has made me very strongly against reporting until they are substantially grown above ground. I believe it was damage to vital roots through reporting that caused my seedlings to die off

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Last watering was 3 days ago with a small mist in leaves yesterday (due to someone advising underwater). They are photo. Currently they're in organic miracle grow potting mix. The solo cups they came in didn't have holes in them! Was so mad lol. No nutes yet but I got some myto+ coming and have nutes ready to use. Should I try to bring them back into a smaller pot? Increase light to dry? We plan on growing these outdoors but the weather has been quite rainy and cloudy so I'm makeshifting an indoor area. Again, was told they are further along then they are.

7. That looks like compacted mud,,not enough drainage in that light blue pot need more perlite,,if ur new to growin get familiar of the weight of the pots dry and after a watering so u can just lift it n know what to do

• Like Like x 1
  8. New grower here.. but I think it could be shock from them being too young for transplant.. could be that or overwatering as said by someone else.

9. Here are the soil readings from this evening.

Attached Files:

10. Yeah u drownt ur plants sorry to say man

11. Can they be saved?

12. That first pic of the water reading thats dead as hell pitch it the others let dry a little but check everyday with ur finger or by feel of weight witch takes time n practice..how old are they? Are they autos?

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 Coolchicknic, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    They are about 3 weeks old. I was told they are photo but as much bs that's happened now i don't know if that's accurate. I'm an avid horticulturalist but never grew cannabis before, I'm aware of how to check moisture by touch. I was just reading an article that if it's possible root rot I could take it out rinse it and cut off any dead roots and replant. Is this advised?

14. They are about 2 weeks old. I was told they are photo but as much bs that's happened now i don't know if that's accurate. I'm an avid horticulturalist but never grew cannabis before, I'm aware of how to check moisture by touch. I was just reading an article that if it's possible root rot I could take it out rinse it and cut off any dead roots and replant. Is this advised?

15. U really have nothin to lose,,u could take em out put em in new fresh soil with added perlite for drainage,,but if they was mine id let them dry oot a bit is there drain holes under the pots? Id say yeah but ive seen some that dont. U should get u some fabric pots some ur soil n roots can beathe new beans,,light and a nice tent imo those u have now u know nothing about strain or genetic wise man!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. yea really think a bit more perlite added to the soil would help about 30% perlite to soil ,,and as some else as said you could have damaged the roots while potting them up ,,mac,

17. Next time you transplant use Mykos. You wont have any transplant issues.
    Screenshot_20190621-023658_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Is ur ph really at 4? Am I reading that right? If it is ur super low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. No that's water meter reading not ph
    L

20. The last pic looks like it’s on ph and shows below 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk