Wilting leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sam5a, Oct 2, 2014.

1. One of my 5 white widows are showing some wilting on it's upper fan leaves (the two big ones on the very top in pic 1), the wilted are darker than the other leaves, it seems like nitrogen toxicity but only nutes it can get is from the new soil I transplanted the plants into a few weeks ago.

I usually water and feed all of them at the same time so it can't be the result of over watering since it been 6 days from last watering and it's not under watering because it has not shown any recovery.

I haven't fed the plant for a long time, it has fresh soil since I transplanted them surely enough nutes in it for another two week at least.

pic 1: shows how the wilting.
    pic 2: shows the color difference from other leaves.
    pic 3: the bottom of the leaf

What is the issue, and how should it be solved?

Attached Files:

2. How long ago did that start? If it just started wilting today or yesterday it might want some water.

3. #3 Sam5a, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014

I noticed it yesterday, it might have been the day before that. At first I thought it was thirsty so I watered all the plants, next day, I went inside the grow room to check on the plants and it's still the same plant and same leaves wilting.

4. What's your watering schedule like? What kind of soil are you using?

- Saki

5. #5 Sam5a, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
    On the previous pots it used to be every 3 days, I would know if they are thirsty because all the plants would start to wilt on all leaves at the same time. On the new pots they are bigger so it takes a longer time to dry up, and the new grow room is cooler so the plant would drink lesser water, and keeps building up moist at the very bottom of the pot. it takes about 1 week for it to dry up so I water it every 6 days, testing with both finger and moisture wand.

The soil is claimed to be "Multi purpose growing soil" I'm using is black in color with fertilizer in it, sadly the company that made it doesn't give much detail about the content I use it for my garden and haven't been giving me much problem.

I be surprised if watering is the issue because not all the leaves are wilting and it's only 1 out of 5 plants that is having this problem and only 2 leaves in that plant is having the wilting issue. But I do tend to spray mist on the leaves twice daily to rid the leaves of any dust on it and imitate rain. 

Should I stop misting them and see what happens?

6. Don't mist with the lights on