Wilting leaves? Any ideas?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bobsmith339, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Ok, so I've started a grow with some skywalker og, and man has it been a battle since day one. I accidentally burned them a few weeks and I flushed them to get the excess nutrients out. So far, the plants seem to be recovering nicely from that with new green leaves coming in, however the leaves on most of these plants are drooping badly. Literally 24 hours after the flush the top leaves perk up, however 2-3 days later they wilt right after new leaves come in. I've been very careful not to overwater, watering once every 5-7 days roughly or as soon as the soil is dry about 2 inches deep. I'm wondering if perhaps the root system on these things are developing and they're getting underwatered. The only thing is the top of the soil is still moist when they start to droop. I'm just honestly not sure what the issue is. Here are some pictures of the plants. Anyone have any advice? The grow I did before this was a walk in the park compared to these babies. The other thing I was considering is maybe they need to be transplanted?

Here's some info on them:

Grown in coco
    Last nutrient regimen: 15ml rhizo 50 ppm calimag no canna a or b (flush)
    Lights: Standard t5 light
    Temperature: Roughly 75-77 degrees
    Humidity: Fluctuates between 40 and 50%

Attached Files:

2. Growing in coco is considered a type of hydro growing. You should water with nutrients to a runoff of at least 10% daily. If not daily, every other day. Your poor girls are starving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You do not let coco dry out like soil. And i do believe calmag should be part of your schedule, not sure if daily tho. And your ph should be between 5.8 - 6.2. Ph levels on coco are lower than soil too. Hope this helps. I'm an organic soil grower but know the advice given by the coco growers here. Peace.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. What "After the shot" said. :thumbsup:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Alright thanks for the advice. I just watered them all until runoff. I figured it was either under watering or salt buildup. I'll update this thread tomorrow and let you know how they respond. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok, so I flushed them one last time to get the last of the nutrient burn and I'm currently watering them every two days. It seems like the top leaves of starting to perk up, so I'll take that as a good sign. Hopefully they'll continue to improve over time. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

7. Ok so like I promised, here are updated pictures of the plants. I just gotta say, wow, they've experienced a huge turn around since I changed my watering habits. The ones in the front were flushed first and as you can see the top growth on them is they're making a real nice recovery. The bottom leaves probably won't recover but that's okay as they will eventually be lollipopped off anyways. The one in the far right corner I flushed and watered again two days later and as you can see it's really reaching for the light which is a great sign. Thanks again for the advice after the shot, wish I could smoke you out man!

Attached Files: