Wilma vs Oxypots vs Amazon Aeroponics vs Oxypots

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by acid-soul, Nov 27, 2013.

1.  Hey guys wanted to get some opinions on these systems. I'm about to venture into growing some seeds I shopped and wanted to get some opinions about the which you believe will give the best results in terms of yield.

The competition is between 8 oxypots - the amazon aeroponics (for 8) or the wilma system (either 8 or 2x4). I have used a homemade version of the oxypot in the past with good results but I'm always keen to up my game.

Also please give me your opinions on these:

Growtent+lights option 1

Option2

An additional 600w HPS will also be added so 1800watts for 8 plants is what I have planned.

Do these products seem legit? Anything I should be wary of?

For the curious I'm planning to grow 

\t\t\t\t2x\t\t\t\t\t\t\tWorld of Seeds Afghan Kush x Black Domina - Feminised\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t2x\t\t\t\t\t\t\tDinafem Power Kush - Feminised\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t2x\t\t\t\t\t\t\tBarney's Farm Honey B - Feminised\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t2x\t\t\t\t\t\t\tGreen House The Church - Feminised\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 
    \t\t\t\t 
    \t\t\t\t\t 

Thanks and see you in a couple of days in the Grow journals

2. I use LP Aeroponic tables (your Amazon system) and I love it!! my friend is using the bubble bucket (your oxypot) and he has a circular flat air pad in his bucket covers the whole bottom of the bucket and one heck of a pump. he is like the rain man of plants and I say pays too much attention to his plants but his bubble buckets as pre-teens showed rapid growth and mine had slightly slower growth as they matured the summer months kicked in and his water temps started to climb as his temps rose his growth slowed and the plants started to suffer.....while my Botanicare tables converted to LP Aeroponics with my 1/2hp water chiller :hello:  drove it home. I think they are both good systems but each has a limitation. with the LP Aeroponioc tables the plants are stationary but the bubble buckets each bucket is its own reservoir.. so hard to chill with :mad: .

3. I've used all and I'd say stick with the oxypots. And you can chill the res fine, not sure what stickey up there is saying...in fact, the aero temps tend to crawl up in temp more often because you're running your soup through a waterpump

4. I've used all and I'd say stick with the oxypots. And you can chill the res fine, not sure what stickey up there is saying...in fact, the aero temps tend to crawl up in temp more often because you're running your soup through a waterpump

5. and I liked wilmas. but mannnn were they a bitch. once the roots got too big and growing out the bottom of the tray you couldn't empty the res. not to mention lifting 4 (in my case it was 8) plants plus 10L pots filled with hydroton and finding some place to put them while you empty the res. If you choose Wilma, I suggest you have a table that it's sitting on, along with a drain for the res and hose so you don't have to do any heavy lifting.