Wilma 4 pot system help and advice

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jacKc87, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Hey all I'm running a wilma 4 pot with hydro rocks and small rockwool
    Currently I am flooding 4 times a day for 15 mins per time
    My question is am I doing right?
    Has anyone that uses this system found better results with different timing etc

Any and all advice appreciated

Thanks all

My grow _

uploadfromtaptalk1452597938529.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

2. Bump

3. Surely someone has used this system and can give their opinion... no

4. I'd probably flood at least every 3 hours depending on the size of your rockwool cubes, don't want them to dry out completely.

5. Thank you
    The rockwool cubes are the mini ones at 1cm
    I will change and put the flood for every 3 hours would 15 mins each time be long enough do you reckon?

I left the pump on once for 24 hrs by mistake and when I went back I notice alot more growth but I also know you need the system to dry hence why I'm asking experianced opinions

Nice one thou pal

6. I do the top feed thing, But I believe 15 min is fine, as long as the table floods completely

7. It doesn't really have a table to flood it's 4 pots above a res tank it just pores slowly in 1 place for the time stated.

Thinking of getting dripper rings and leaving them running but not sure as it's good to dry the roots

uploadfromtaptalk1453409342954.jpg

8. Oh I see...it's like a Waterfarm then?....if so I ran them 24 hr.......Now I don't use the rings, and do spike drippers 24 hrs

9. Im never seen or heard of the Wilma system. It appears a lot like flood and drain with the difference of watering from the top. Do those tubs fill with solution or do they drain instantly. I have read only 5-15 mins foe watering 4-6 times a day is needed for optimal results.

10. Have u not had any issues with ur roots as ur not running any sort of a dry cycle?

11. They drain instantly the solution kinda just trickles thru my hydrorocks 4 15 mins and I suppose the mini rockwool hold onto the moisture for a while

12. I ran this system last year, great stuff!
    Leave the blue flood drippers on 24/7 and get some airpots/ big net pots and cut the hole in the reservoir under the pots bigger so roots can grow into the res. Add air stones when they do and it'll explode! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. I'm just about to start using a Wilma system for the first time. Once I work out how to subscribe to a thread I'll follow you

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Will have 2 look into that bro nice one. Looking at getting an airstone atm as one of mine is so droopy n its the only one with its roots out in res

15. Nice one what's your setup and strain

16. Green Qube tent 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.2
    4 pot Wilma 25l using clay pebbles
    300w CFL Seedling
    400w MH Veg
    600w HPS Flowering
    Growing Chocoloco from Vision Seeds (giving to me by a friend)

Have 5 germinating in easy plugs which I'll then transplant into larger plugs before I mover them over to Wilma (still awaiting delivery).

Room looks great but very empty at the moment

17. Sounds like a nice setup bro the anticipation is horrible waiting to get going
    Will follow ur journal I'm still learning with the system but getting some great tips and so far good results

18. The struggle is real as they say! I'm only just seeing the first signs of germination so I've a long way to grow. So thankful for all the useful information and sound people here. What are you growing there?

19. I've got 3 og kush autos and a nirvana freebie which is deffo a sativa but God knows what. They have been thru some abuse so far but doing good

uploadfromtaptalk1453668957160.jpg

20. Are you currently using the pots that come with the system? You could just add some sort of screen to the bottom of them and cut a 2" hole or something.

I would recommend getting a 4 port airpump and some medium sized flat airstones, real chap of fleabay :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk