Willie Nelson

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by King, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Just saw Willie Nelson being interviewed by Larry King. I saw most of it and it was interesting to hear what he thought. Then pot came up and Larry kind of drillled him about it. It was good to hear what his views were on the subject and how he enjoys vaping since he must preserve his lungs for singing. But he claimed it wasn't pot's fault, it was anything with smoke and heat in it and tobacco smoke was far worse and he has given that habit up in the past.

Its people like this who don't hide what they do and aren't ashamed of it who will help the movement. He gave his honest opinion and it correlates word-for-word with what you'd read here in the city. If all guys at the honkeytonks wont knock it til they've tried because it has Willie's stamp of approval, then that would again help the movement.

I can't find the video or any texts about it but he was basically its just a matter of time before it is legal. It just depends on the economy he says and 'as California goes so goes the nation.'

If he is 77 and still looks and sounds good and has smoked/vaped more than you can imagine (he said pretty clear that he has a high tolerance) then why hasn't he moved on to hard drugs, went mad, or quit singing then there is hope for public america. It was also a good sign when LK asked about him trying anything stronger and replied 'nope'.

2. More celebrities need to grow a spine like Willie and be honest about their marijuana usage. Michael Phelps could have done wonders for the movement if he hadn't caved and cried and apologized like a sniveling pussy. "No! Please don't take my endorsement deals away from me! Even though I just won 8 gold medals and no matter what I do I'm set for life but I'm sorry I smoked the devil weed it was only once and it was a mistake PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY ENDORSEMENTS AWAY!!!"

What a selfish, irresponsible chode.

3. HAHA, you called him a chode. Yeah.

4. I would of done the same thing, you would have too probably. IF he hadn't apologized, we would never hear of him again.

5. When you win 8 gold medals you don't get forgotten no matter what you do. Also after winning 8 gold medals and earning millions of dollars for doing fucking nothing, I think I would have decided that doing the right thing was a better idea. To quote Ben Franklin; "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

So to me Michael Phelps is a bitch because he pussed out when it came time to do the right thing.

People aren't going to forget someone who won that many gold medals.

6. His career is probably worth more to him than the marijuana movement.

7. willie nelson is great for the movement. i actually brought him up in this drug counseling debate i had last year, as an example of somebody who has gotten high his whole life and is old and very happy. the guy leading the class came up with some bs excuse like "o um well um he almost lost his house" or something like that.

8. "doing fucking nothing" are you fucking stupid? (rhetorical question)

9. i was thinking the same thing...honestly dont watch olympics or sports so i dont know who most of the people are but i do know that olympics is definitely doing something, those people earn it

10. Well you win medals at the olympics not money as far as I know. The Olympics is really a competition, not about the money if you wanna be technical. But yea I'm sure he doesnt give a shit about legalization when he just won 8 medals, most wouldnt. So many celebs smoke and theyre so influential on our society. I wish more would help.

11. hell yea man, they got the strictest diets and they swim for hours on end everyday.

not my lifestyle, but i respect athletes... especially olympic gold medalists who rip the bong lol.

in all fairness, he did kinda sell out... but thats just business

12. He swam the fastest eight separate times.

Now do you think that swimming the fastest is more important than basically any essential public job and deserves to be rewarded with millions?

It goes for basically anything categorized 'entertainment,' but I think that's the point he was getting at; compared to the work most of us do for shitty-to-okay pay, he's just swimming around in water and making millions of dollars.

13. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNK8MgVK-nY"]YouTube - Willie Nelson , On Larry King, Legal Marijuana[/ame]

14. I saw that interview with Willie few months back, must have rerun it again, awesome interview. I've been a huge fan of his, for more yrs than I will say, long as most of the people are old here I'm thinkin! :p

Willie was on another interview this past yr with someone else, pot always comes up with him, he's always been pro MJ and never hid it, remember he's the one who smoked MJ on the whitehouse roof yrs ago :smoking: Anyways, he just recently the past yr or two went to vaping his smoke, he always smoked all these yrs and he went into the dr. because he's been weaszing bad, his lungs and it bothers him, so he wanted to find healthier way to have his smoke and help his lung probs.

And just so ya know...ha Willie has had his share of heavier drugs...had a cocaine habit for many yrs, him and Waylon, Merle and ol George, he's been done with cocaine for quite awhile, but recently in past yr or two gave up his 2nd fav thing....whiskey, he really really enjoyed his whiskey.
    Hell I remember a few yrs back, when they pulled his bus over and busted him for smoke....he also got a charge for a rather large bag of shrooms! good ol' Willie :D

15. motherfuckin +rep

16. Its not just swimming around the water my friend. Do you even break a sweat at your job? i guarantee this man works way harder than you or any "essential public job" if it was as easy as you make it out to be why wouldnt we all be doing it? Give credit where credit is due.

17. When I said "doing fuckin nothing" I was mostly referring to all those commercials and shit he did. There's no real work to that. And yeah he swam faster than anyone else and I know that takes alot of practice, but he can walk into any public establishment in the country and yell "who wants to blow me?" and a line of people will form to suck that goofy looking bastard off. The rest of us don't get that privilege.

18. "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment."

-Michael Phelps in reference to Marijuana.

Marijuana is wonderful, and I'd have said just that.

19. The interview was too short!

20. Living in Texas, I have seen Willie live many times. I met him once, and he was a great man. Isn't he vice president for NORML or something like that? Or am I really confused...?