Will you let your kids smoke?

Discussion in 'General' started by Heyitstrent, Aug 28, 2009.

1. hey everybody just wanted to see different peoples opinion on this topic. will you let your kids smoke? what age? what occasions maybe?

2. um, im praying there will be some sort of regulation by the time i have kids. (18 now) but if not, yea ill prolly let them smoke, but it will be something they do on their own.

3. #3 KillaByte, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
    I would be a hypocrite if I didn't.

But I will always follow the "Say ughh to drugs" except weed.

4. When I have a kid, I'll still probably smoke but I will try and keep it away from him/her until at least age 14 or 15. At that point, he/she is in high school and will probably begin experimenting anyways, so I would probably open up and allow my kid to do it. If my kid's grades started suffering, I'd have no problem taking it away. I did great in high school while toking every weekend, and every day during the Summer, so if my kid proves they can't be responsible with it then they don't deserve to have it

5. #5 Big Ross, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
    They'd have to meet a certain criteria.

They're in High School
    Their grades can't slip because of it
    They have to stay in school
    They have to be smart enough to not let the wrong people find out
    They don't HAVE to have a job. But if they do, they can't let weed affect it.
    And they have to know that there is a time and place for everything along with knowing what those times and places are.

Smoking weed isn't supposed to be cool. It's an enhancement for life. And if their life is going downhill because of it, then they don't need to be doing it.

6. idk i mean my mom always has been ok with it since i was 14 and my dad is ok with it now but im also 18 so but anyway i always had decent grades (nothing lower then a c) and if they can do that keep there room clean and ot pesker me for pot money sure go ahead lol
    also they have to be responsible about it which means no telling people.

7. Yes, under a few circumstances, first of heres a few to begin with

I WILL SMOKE WITH MY KID, if hes with me smoking that means we are in a location of my approval, he can bring friends too.

I would not mind selling to my kid, takes the danger out of other deals.

All I care is that my child has a clean criminal record.

8. I'd totally smoke with my kids if I have any. I'd educate them about the truth about marijuana first though and about how everything they learned in D.A.R.E is propaganda.

I'd probably let them around age 15 whether or not it's legal or not. Someway or another they'll get it anyway. I mean, teens can still get alcohol this day in age.

9. Id smoke with my kids. gotta be 14-15. Id sell to my kid, but it would be like a canteen, 1/2oz per week limit er something. I woulden't be smokin up all the kids in the neighborhood. I mean my house would be "cool" but I dont need little johnny ratboy running home n being like "jimmys dad smoked pot with me"

10. If my kids can manage to responsibly use weed and keep it from consuming their lives, I would have no problem.

If my kid turns out to be a retarded pot head, I don't feel that they've earned the right to smoke as a result of them not using it for the right reasons.

If I must clarify, if my kid can use weed and understand what life is actually about, there's no issue with them using it in my eyes.

11. A half per week? When he's 14 or 15? What are you thinking, dude?

If my kid wants to smoke, he's gonna smoke with me every once in a while, I'm not giving the kid a fat baggy to walk around with out of the house where he can get pinched.

...And that's if, and only if, he can prove to me he's mature enough to handle it.

12. A trait missing in most of the kids nowadays, all of them are so used to their parents wiping their asses for them all the time that many of them never realize when the right time to take responsibility for their lives, resulting in an overall fucking idiotic ass-backward society where everyone is a jackhole because they never earned a thing in their fucking lives. Most of the people I see smoking weed nowadays are fucking idiots who should have never taken a puff of weed in their lives, but still do it because it's what all the cool kids are doing.

Basically, maybe I'm a little self righteous, but that's my opinion on society.

13. It depends what age I discover them smoking. If they are 17 when I discover them, and taking care of business, then I will let it slide as long as they dont do too much too often and it doesnt interfere with their life.

14. QF mutha-F'n T

Kids these days just don't get the idea of personal responsibility. Everyone wants a goddamn handout instead of working for what they have and being grateful for it.

15. I'm gonna educate my kids on drugs, and say if they want to smoke, come to me and i'll smoke em out, ill tell them to keep off the harder drugs, but that weeds alright as long as their grades don't slip, gotta be in school, at a certain age, and stuff like that.

and i'll always be the person who gets their weed, so they get the best :smoke:

16. +rep

Education is an infinitely better tool than fear, albiet a much less used one.

17. i wouldn't let them do it

but if they did it behind my back i wouldn't get really angry if i caught them and i wouldn't make them stop or hand it over, aslong as it didn't effect or change them too much

just like my parents are with me :smoke:

18. Beautifully said bruhh :)
    Except one thing, they need to smoke me out as well.

19. as long as their not going to hold out on me

20. Genius! impose a system where your kid can smoke around you if he agrees to let you in on it every time. What kid in their right mind WOULDN'T agree to this?

Then again, i've known some greedy little snot nosed fucks in my time.