Will you let your kids smoke?

Discussion in 'General' started by codybridges69, May 30, 2008.

1. I know there is already a thread/threads like this, but I wanted to start a new one. If you have/will have kids, are you going to let them smoke pot? And if so, at what age? Will you be the one to introduce it to them or will you let them experiment on their own? Will you take away their privilege to smoke if they start slipping in their grades or get in trouble with the law? Anything else......

2. depends on how the laws are like when they are at the age... regardless I wouldn't let them until they are atleast 17-18.

3. yes, im gonna let my spawn smoke..im going to have *or try to* the same relationship with them that my mom did with me..shes honestly my best friend and i tell her everything...and she kept that promise that most parents make but drop..as long as i was tellin the truth, i didnt get in trouble...shed much rather know where i was and what im was doing then me hide it from her and possibly something happening to me
    im going to prefer that until they get more experienced with any substance im going to want them to do it at home..that way if anything happens *even as lil as a freak out* i can be there for them..ive been there, ive done it and id def be more experienced than ne of their friends...so i would kno what to do

but yes, if they start to get too bad *c isnt terrible..d's n f's no way* then yeah..privileges will start to go away...and when it comes to the law...they get caught they pay the price...thats how it was with me and my mom..again..i got decent grades and im still record free!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I plan on letting my kids smoke unless they start fuckin up in school or gettin in trouble. I would introduce it to them around age 15/16 if they haven't already tried it. If they try it earlier than when I introduce it to them, I will just smoke with them. Following on the family tradition.:smoking::smoking:

5. That's how I hope it is with me and my kids!

6. I rather lead my kids down the path of drugs knowing what I know I have experimented with varios drugs know teh effect etc.

So better me then some random dude selling my kid drugs on the street saying its "fire" " high quality" when its actually garbage Ill show him where to get the good sh1t and enjoy it with him or her :D

7. my kids can smoke as long as they do their thing in school, im going to teach my kids how important school is, i want them to go to hardvard, on the real... i want them to have everything i didnt.

8. For real homie, I know what you talkin about.

9. Smoking (imho) shouldn't be like drinking, I would make it a more coming of age event for my kids, when they get out of highschool at least.
    I mean, I know there are plenty of people who smoke in highschool and get amazing grades.... and perhaps if my children are able to handle it then I suppose I might allow it, but I would prefer that they spend their school years focusing on their studies.

Okay maybe I would make smoking a privelage if they're getting good grades... so no going to school stoned, but if they get a good progress report or all their homework done I'll load a bowl with them.

Its hard to say for sure what you're going to do because no matter how hard you try, theres only a chance that your kid will think the same way as you do on these things, so you really have to look at your relationship with you kid and decide what will be best. If your kid is rebellious and doesn't listen, then I would take an approach of "I know what you do cause my stash is always disappearing, and thats fine that you can't talk to me about it, but if I see one slip in your grades we're going to have to have a serious talk about how we can fix it."

If your kid and you have a good relationship, they may understand waiting till they're out of school or something...

I don't know... there are too many answers.

I think I"ll just say that I'll let them when I think they're old enough to without neglecting their studies, getting in trouble with the law, staying out late, getting in with trouble makers or even (i gotta say it) harder drugs.

Then again, this is assuming that I teach them that drugs are something to approach cautiously and with respect... not the intent of JUST getting high.

Anyway I babbel.

10. Thats pretty much my plan in a nutshell lol.
    I couldn't find the words to put it right but you did it just fine!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Word.

My daughters gon be a doctor, Even if i aient in her life...:eek::(

12. I started smoking ganja at 17, and started smoking cigs at 18

so 17-18 for weed or cigs

plus it would be cool, if I havn't been smoking for years and I KNEW he/she smoked, i'd ask for a hookup:)

13. I take a very cautious approach to this. If I find out my kid is smoking, or doing any drug, I will want to know the truth about it. Honestly, if he was doing good in school and life in general, he could do as he pleases as long as he doesn't fuck up. Of course, I am going to be very open with my son or daughter about it. I will most likely still smoke by then so I would definitely burn with them for there first time or in general. I just wonder how I would take him trying the really hard shit... I want to say I wouldn't have a MAJOR problem like kicking him out and all that shit if he could still function and live a normal life but at the same time I don't know if I would feel right just allowing it to happen. I guess I will find out just like any other parent.

14. I say you only live one life! you should live it the way you wanna live!! If you fucked it up it's on you! I'm let my kids try to raise their self like my mom did me! I turned out good! Played sports my whole life didn't start smokin til I was 21 never did any other drugs/pills or anything, but however my lil sister started smokin at the age of 16 and she knew about it! I'll say if they're in highschool and they're expirementin wit MJ i wouldn't care because they're goin to do it anyway yah kno! especially at parties and shit!! before highschool i'll just be like damn atleast wait till you get highschool or somethin lol!

15. Teens are gonna smoke when they want to. Nothing's going to stop them. So I'd rather have my kids tell me the truth than lead a double life like I did as a teen. I hope to raise them so they can motivate themselves. And if i see them smoking yet still motivate themselves and apply themselves, I'd have no problem with it.

16. I honestly think that everyone that wants to introduce pot into their kids lives are fuckin idiots. Gunna be honest here.

If my kids come to smoking its not going to be by my hands. If they wanna smoke then lets smoke but like skit said grades come first. Pot won't get you anywhere near like a 4.0 GPA will. Hopefully though my kids won't want to smoke and I can keep my herb to myself. :D

Thats some real talk.

17. Well, I started smoking when I was 12, and while I wouldn't want my kids to do the same, if I find out that they're smoking at a young age like that I will be understanding. I can't be hypocritical. I've been smoking weed throughout most of middle school and the entirety of high school and I keep my grades up. I guess I'm lucky that I'm able to balance daily smoking with 95-98's on my report card.
    I really wish I could raise them open to weed but quite frankly, in the society we live in, that would be terribly irresponsible.

18. i think i'll inform my kids about pot while they're growing up, and when they get older, (17-18) i'll let them do it if they want without lecturing them.
    i really don't think i'd wanna smoke with them though, that would make me feel weird.

19. I'd do what my dad did, wait till they are 18 to let them into the club.

20. I plan on letting my kid make their own choices as long as they aren't bad/stupid choices.