Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will you let your children smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Trixie5, Dec 29, 2012.

1. It depends on my son.. If he wants to when he gets older.. Im fine n he probably will want to seeing mommy n daddy smoke everyday.. Thats y I smoke now cuz I grew up watchin my dad n all my cousins smoke even my grandma.. But its up to him when he gets older.. As for my two daughters.. I really dont want them to smoke.. But I rather them do it wit me or around me then sneaky behind my back!

2. [quote name='"MadeInJapan"']It depends on my son.. If he wants to when he gets older.. Im fine n he probably will want to seeing mommy n daddy smoke everyday.. Thats y I smoke now cuz I grew up watchin my dad n all my cousins smoke even my grandma.. But its up to him when he gets older.. As for my two daughters.. I really dont want them to smoke.. But I rather them do it wit me or around me then sneaky behind my back![/quote]

Why would you feel more comfortable with son smoking than a daughter?

3. Haven't read the replies, but here is my stance.

My kids are 7, 5 and 1.5 years old. If they have good grades, do what is asked of them around the house and want to try weed when they are 14 or 15, then ok. No other drugs at all. If they use a bit and their actions/behaviors/grades change, they're cut off. Basically, as long as they can prove that it's a recreation and not their life, while showing responsibility, then we're good.

Use it to enhance your life, not be your life. The first time they get careless, I will be more strict.

4. For me it's 18+ and i'm okay with them vaping. Smoking once in a while would be no big deal but for regular use, vaping.

5. Key for me is making sure they do it where they cannot get into terrible with the law or school.

6. I think I would not inform them about my usage, and not brainwash them for or against. If they decide to smoke it, I'll be fine with it under my roof, without driving. They also must have good grades in school.

7. First of all I hope by the time I have children weed will be legal across the states so I wouldn't really have to worry about it. Otherwise, I still have plans to smoke when I'm older, and if my kids want to smoke I would put it simple: stays in the house, school comes first. If grades slip, or my kid starts acting up, then it gets taken away like any punishment. I would consider it just like how my parents dealt with drinking. They were cool with occasional drinks before I was 21, as long as it stayed in the house and they were home. I wouldn't be as strict but similar rules would apply.

8. I feel that girls are more delicate..so to speak..more pure.. Idk how to word it..but i dont want nothin to hurt my girls.. where as my son..he is tough n can handle himself..i dont baby my son..i feel he needs the toughness to become a strong man later on in life..but my girls get babyed n overprotected more

9. Yes, when they become 21. I will let them smoke my scientific bubb.

10. I think about this sometimes too, and I would absolutely be cool with it. If I ever have kids I'll definitely raise them with the mindset that weed is not a dangerous drug, but merely a commodity similar to alcohol or tobacco (although it's much more beneficial for the user than the latter two).

I wouldn't let them smoke until they turn 18 however, 17 at the absolute youngest; just due to their brain not being fully developed yet. Just me :bongin: :D

11. I don't smoke but I do ingest. I have a 15 yr old and a 10 yr old. I seriously doubt I will be able to 'hide' it from the 15 yr old but I think until 18 I will atleast attempt to keep it under wraps. I will probably try to encourage him to wait until he's 18 to partake IF the subject should come up. I don't expect that tho. Its just seems like a good plan. At 21 I have no qualms sharing some delicious brownies with my kids once in a while.

12. I was actually thinking about this earlier today. I would let my kids smoke pot after age 16 because that's when I started and I don't seem to have any mental illnesses or whatever. They would have to have good grades in school, not drive or go out in public at all while high for risk of police catching them, and not let it become a financial issue. I'm not going to be a hypocrite to my kids. Once they are old enough (16 or so), I'll set them down and explain to them the truth about cannabis, because I know their head will be filled with bullshit from schools, etc., and tell them about my youth. I'll tell them that it's okay for them to smoke if they want and I'm not going to stop them, but I'll be damned if they do any other drug or smoke tobacco until they are an adult and I no longer have control over them. Who knows, maybe by then cannabis will be legal and I can sit down and toke up with them.

13. I wouldn't be all "Hey go get stoned!" But if i found out that they did then I wouldn't be too mad. It would be hypocritical to be mad at them for something that their parent had done too. Buy I wouldn't let them do it if they were driving, or their grades were slipping or some shit like that