Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will you let your children smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Trixie5, Dec 29, 2012.

1. I won't let my kids smoke until they're in High School anyway. At that point, so long as they keep their grades up I won't care much. They start letting their grades slip though and I'll drug test them every week until they can keep them up to par for a semester.

2. After high school for sure. I'll be smoking with my kids for sure. But they have to prove that they are not dumb.

3. Wrll how would you stop him from smoking?

4. We'll it depends on how my kids turned out i guess.

If they were responsible with it, I'd let them smoke and even smoke with them. I wanna be able to share some of my own homegrown with my kid some day.

5. Fucking win hahaha

6. I would try to make sure they don't, but if they do, oh well. In they case they end up doing it(which is likely), there would be rules regarding it. Mostly stuff that's already been mentioned.

7. Well tell......tell them the truth about your feelings for it....if you love them
    you want them to know they can count on you incase they get involved
    therfor they will talk to you anyway i think you know what i mean

8. Its funny that I came across this, my dad smokes, I'm a sophomore in college and when I came back from break I walked to my old room and smelled bud and thought I might have left some dank stuff behind when I came back the night before but it came from my dad's room. I know that he grew and smoked a ton with his friends and my mom from his and my grand parent's stories but he hid it for a good part of my life, it wasn't until 2 days ago that he offered me his best nug, it was a big deal to the both of us and a little awkward at first...

My suggestion for you and my thoughts as I get closer to that age of family life is to let your kids grow up without knowing you smoke for as long as possible unless its legal.. If they ask you or you catch them, thats when I would sit down and talk with them.. My dad never confronted me when I came home smelling skunky because he was afraid I would find his secret, but the worst/possibly funny thing is that my earliest memory is slapping those sticker machine alien stickers on my dad's blue acrylic 1.5' bong when I was about 3.

9. Word. I think it really depends on the person. If I were a parent and had me as a child, I would definately let myself smoke because I got decent grades, played sports, had a balanced life.

So i figure i will probably use the same standard for my kids... just play it by ear.

10. I will let them smoke but make it very clear that they must use it responsibly or not at all.

11. omfg Rollin Ganja house tax BEST IDEA EVER. I'll let my kids smoke, in my house, and i don't think i would let them buy on their own. I think i'll be toking 9- 10 years down the road (i'm 18 now) so i would have connects or maybe it'll be legal and i'll buy it for them. But only with money they make. They can have pieces and shit but they must be kept in a non obvious area. If their friends can keep their mouths shut too they could smoke at my house.

12. I think from looking from the outside in, a parent letting their 15/16/17 year old child smoke weed can be seen as a form of child neglect, and if they're caught, you might face legal action against the parent.

I would tell them that I cannot technically let them smoke weed at that age, but if you do, then I cannot stop them from doing it. And if you decide to, I would have strict rules against smoking weed with a bunch of friends, driving, etc. Smoking with a few friends is better. And I would rather them smoke discreetly inside the house than anything.

And any other drugs would obviously be handled differently. And if they can't balance weed with the rest of their life then the rules will change.

13. Considering how good i am at driving while baked i would allow that but maybe not at first.. They would need to take care of their shit and be responsible though thats important

14. I want them to use weed, your life is incomplete with out it in my humble opinion, it opens so many doors and allows you to become a much better person if you know what your doing so yes yes and yes!

15. Unless your gonna make your home a prison for your child here's a newsflash your not gonna LET them or not let them do anything that they haven't done already or thought of doing on their own, and a prison environment is a surefire way to encourage that rebellion. Just talk to your kids. Communication is key.

16. Yeah, I'll let them smoke at a certain age. I haven't decided when though.

17. I agree with the no driving, for at least a year after they get their license. I would allow my kid to buy a bong if I knew he smoked weed and got good grades, and wasn't fat. If he had his own pipe there would be near zero chance of being involved with the police, and he would not be out sleazing with sketches at night.

18. Not until they're 18. Graduate highschool then do what you want

19. #39 suuure, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    I'd rather have my kids smoking at my house then them being at a crazy party getting drunk off their ass and maybe get in the car with a drunk person or drive under the influence. Also all you guys with your strict rules bs.. If your kid goes to a public school and wants to smoke.. He/she will
    Smoke with or without your consent

20. Absolutely yes, but I will only advocate it when they have proven themselves to be responsible and independent enough to make the decision themselves. I've told my younger brother the same thing; he should try it when HE is ready to try it.

Its a choice everyone should make for themselves; after all who am I to deny anyone that right?