Will we ever achieve a type 1 society?

Discussion in 'General' started by gangeefried718, Feb 7, 2012.

1. I was watching this video by Mr. Kaku
    on the difference in type 0 and 1 civilizations
    and I wanted more input on the subject.

I think that a global government is inevitable if we want humanity to last.

2. it will definatly happen i just hope ill be alive to see it. ill be 118 if it happens in 100 years. did you know that we currently have anti-aging pills that if you take you can be 60 years old and have the body of a 30 year old. but the government wont release them to the public because they are too controversial and not enough testing has been done. the future is crazy man some scientists think we can achieve immortality within the next 100 years by using technology that would we could basically upload our brain to a usb or something and then live on via computers. crazy shit

3. Ever since I first saw Michio Kaku on History and Discovery channel shows, before his hair was so gray, I've always liked the things he had to say. I really enjoy listening to the ideas and thoughts of this brilliant mind.

I like the idea of advancing to a type 1 civilization. I'm just not sure if the human race can pull it off with ethics or dignity. I want to believe that humans will crawl from the third dirtball in the Sol system and colonize other worlds without committing species-suicide. I'm just not sure if, when it happens, we will be in the Utopian way of life everybody dreams of.

4. I don't think it'll take a Worldwide government, more a drastic paradigm shift in all humanity for us to reach that next stage of civilization.

Dunno how to achieve that, but we gotta somehow inspire a sense of globalism (making everyone view our planet from Mars or the Moon might work...?), compassion for each other and a desire to better the race as a whole, not just for individual advancement, in every human being and shed religion and the idea of nationhood before we are on the right track, and if we continue in our current vein then we might not last very long, though I do think our species has the potential to become a truly galactic civilization if we can just last out the next century or two of turbulence.

5. michio kaku is a fucking genius, have you read Physics of the Impossible? Damn good book.

6. Thanks for sharing.I liked them all, Systematic Chaos was bleh though.

7. fuck Michio Kaku....he used to be cool until he started supporting eugenics

8. do you really think a global gov will make a difference? there will still be some with excess and some without...only with a global gov. there is sure to be total chaos...and close to a complete undoing of humanity...war, war and more war...

9. We will have a nuclear war before we have global government

10. global goverment wouldnt be bad if the enforcers were peaceful and didnt beat and imprison people

11. Sorry but a global government is a terrible idea. It would work if people were all perfect and good... but they're not.

Centralized authority = guaranteed tyranny.

12. the current paradigm of multiple governments
    competing against each other with their own currency
    is highly ineffective and very destructive in the long run

a paradigm shift must happen
    if we are to survive the next 100 years
    and a global government/currency is the only way to do this